Design Production Manager
A pioneer in K- 12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help all students build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than three million students in all 50 states. For more information, visit amplify.com .
Amplify's creative team:
Amplify's creative team is a group of artists, storytellers, and designers. We sketch, we push pixels, we also love paper, we live for the big ideas, and we sweat the details. We work on assignments for digital, print, environmental, interactive and video projects. Our creative team has a strong hands-on and highly collaborative approach to both product development and graphic design systems. The creative team ensures ideas are realized to the highest standards of execution.
Amplify's creative team is looking for a unique Production Manager/Producer to partner with creative leadership to ensure that the creative team's designers are working as efficiently as possible to support all of Amplify's design needs. As a Producer, you thrive on complex problem-solving, leading multi-faceted initiatives, and do not need much direction. You are proactive, stay calm under pressure, and motivate creative teams with little to no oversight to deliver high quality work. In this role, you are responsible for enabling the creative vision of a specific project to come to life in the strongest way possible, while also ensuring budgets and timelines are met. You'll work hand-in-hand with a creatively diverse team to build world changing educational products and the materials that support them. You will be based in our Brooklyn office.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering, curriculum and design to ensure a smooth product development process
- Work with designers and teams to ensure the best, most relevant processes and practices are employed and evolved as necessary
- Ensure stakeholders stay involved and informed
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute as a designer when necessary
- Manage workload across team, allocate designers to projects, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success
- Be an advocate for design across the company and proactively seek buy-in from leadership and other teams
- Familiarize yourself with the design team members' skills, interests, and goal to so that you can both resource projects and enable personal growth
- Immerse yourself in Amplify's product offerings
- Be forward-thinking in your approach that raises concerns and proposes solutions when engaging with assignments
- Work with both the full-time team and contractors
- Actively engage in building and growing our team
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
- Work in a high volume and fast paced environment
- Manage your own project schedules and job ownership to meet deadlines
- Work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced environment, "do-it-all" attitude with ability to take on both large and small tasks.
- Show a familiarity of print production and digital processes
- Keep current with production and design trends
- Participate with design team leadership in conflict resolution
- Help advocate for a consistent server organization and file naming conventions of existing structure and process
- Demonstrate a strong track record both as an individual contributor and as a key member of a team
- Show team management and people experience
- Knowledge of the products in the Education Technology industry
- 5+ years of Design Production experience
- Prior in-house creative services, studio, non-profit, museum, educational experience preferred
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Back to top