Amplify builds innovative and compelling digital educational products that empower teachers and students across the country. We have a long history as the leading innovator in K-12 education - and have been described as the best tech company in education and the best education company in tech. While others try to shrink the learning experience into the technology, we use technology to expand what is possible in real classrooms with real students and teachers.
Amplify works with educators across the country - and about 2 million students. Although we're a technology company, we don't believe that our work is over the moment a teacher has a new software license. Instead, it's just beginning - we work side-by-side with educators and school leaders, fitting our products into the lived reality of classrooms and schools.
As a Data Scientist at Amplify, you will use your data cleaning, data analysis, and data visualization skills to conduct exploratory analysis and statistical inference on varied and complex datasets. You will support the curriculum product team by developing data analysis pipelines, data product prototypes, and insightful reports in rapid iterations. You will visualize analysis output and develop reproducible reports, giving stakeholders the actionable information they need to make good decisions. You will be expected to continue to develop your data analysis and programming skills while contributing to multiple projects at various points of the product development lifecycle.
The position is based in Brooklyn, NY and may require occasional travel.
Responsibilities of the Data Scientist:
- Collaborate with domain experts and psychometricians in developing a framework for modeling student achievement and growth within the context of classroom, online, and blended instruction.
- Collect, organize, analyze, and report data from various data sources, including a large data warehouse.
- Contribute data analyses to product prototypes, internal reports, case studies, white papers, and educational research.
- Support the content and product teams by gathering and analyzing data that demonstrates the impact of the product.
Basic Qualifications of the Data Scientist:
- Master's Degree in a science or other technical field
- A working knowledge of basic statistics and research methods required
- Proficiency working with tools for quantitative, reproducible research with a preference for experience with R
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience using data visualization tools
- Willingness to learn and adopt new tools and methods
- Excellent writing skills in English and demonstrated presentation skills
- Strong research background
Preferred Qualifications of the Data Scientist:
- PhD in a science or other technical field
- Proficiency with statistical modeling, e.g. regression, latent variable models, or Bayesian analysis.
- Experience with machine learning, especially clustering algorithms
- Demonstrated application of software development methodology and protocols, including version control and Agile methodologies
- Experience with software development and programming, e.g., Python or Java
- Experience with AWS tools, especially Redshift and S3
- Experience with web technologies, especially APIs and JSON
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
Rodney ensures that each new Amplify product and automated feature goes through extensive testing to ensure efficiency before being deemed ready for release to the public.
Back to top