Data Collector, Bilingual Spanish
A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
Amplify is seeking qualified individuals to work as Bilingual Spanish Data Collectors for an exciting research project being conducted in local schools. Data Collectors will have the opportunity to train and learn cutting edge literacy and reading assessments, assess students in grade K-6, and collaborate with other data collectors to collect high quality data that will provide support for Amplify's literacy products and services as well as promote positive instructional outcomes for students. The ideal candidate for this position is prompt, reliable, and operates with a high standard of professionalism.If you have a background in education, research, and/or literacy and are passionate about improving educational outcomes for all students, we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities of the Data Collector :
- Attend a half-day training on how to use all assessments associated with the project. mCLASS: TRC is a leveled reading assessment that helps educators select appropriate reading materials for students and monitor overall reading growth utilizing a handheld electronic tablet. The use of a tablet streamlines the assessment and scoring process to provide real-time results
- TRC Online is a similar leveled reading assessment administered on laptop or desktop computers in a group-based setting.
- mCLASS: Vocabulary Screener is group administered and is an indicator of student's general vocabulary knowledge.
- mCLASS: Oral Language Screener is 1:1 administered and efficiently identifies students with developing skills, who will likely struggle with language structures that are foundational.
- IDEL 2.0 assesses students alphabet knowledge, phonological awareness, alphabetic principle, and reading comprehension in Spanish. The submeasures administered vary by grade level.
- Collaborate with other data collectors and school staff to conduct assessments with fidelity for students grades K-6
- Collect data efficiently and professionally, while maintaining confidentiality of student results
Basic Qualifications of the Data Collector :
- English and Spanish proficiency
- Professional experience interacting with students in grades K-6
- Experience using technology to record data and document findings
Preferred Qualifications of the Data Collector :
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable: work experience in a fast-paced environment and
- Experience effectively collaborating with colleagues to meet team goals
- Work experience in designing, conducting, or collecting data for research studies
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Education experience
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Back to top