Amplify builds innovative and compelling digital educational products that empower teachers and students across the country. We have a long history as the leading innovator in K-12 education - and have been described as the best tech company in education and the best education company in tech. While others try to shrink the learning experience into the technology, we use technology to expand what is possible in real classrooms with real students and teachers.
Amplify works with educators across the country - and about 2 million students. Although we're a technology company, we don't believe that our work is over the moment a teacher has a new software license. Instead, it's just beginning - we work side-by-side with educators and school leaders, fitting our products into the lived reality of classrooms and schools.
Amplify has provided core curriculum, intervention resources, digital assessments, and high-impact coaching and professional development to support data-driven instruction among K-12 educators for nearly two decades.
Among its services, Amplify currently works in close partnership with states to offer data coaching programs that support educators in utilizing data-driven practices to improve their instruction. Teachers and school leaders receive continuous in-person coaching sessions that draw upon Amplify's Taking Action with Data (TADA) framework and are customized based on the needs of their school site. Amplify's data coaching services have made a difference for educators in Mississippi, Delaware, Colorado, Rhode Island, and Indiana, resulting in positive changes in classroom practice and strong gains in student achievement.
The Data Coach will play a critical role in supporting up to three high need Mississippi schools as part of the Mississippi Department of Education (MDE)'s Data Coaching program. In this role, the Data Coach will ensure that the schools they work with leverage data continuously and effectively in order to promote rapid student achievement on multiple measures (literacy, math, science, history, etc.).
The successful candidate will be a results-driven education leader who uses data to make decisions and ensures outstanding support to our partnering schools, school leaders, and teachers. He or she will combine a capacity for systems and strategic thinking, deep instructional knowledge, meticulous attention to detail, excellent project management skills, and strong relationship-building skills with critical internal and external stakeholders.
The Data Coach will report directly to the Data Coaching Program Director. While it is preferable that the Data Coach be based in Mississippi, this role can also be based within 2 hours of driving distance to central Mississippi.
- Provide direct, in-person coaching services to a small cohort of schools with a statewide classification of a "C", "D", and/or "F" throughout the year (1-2 days/week per school site)
- Plan and conduct a thorough data dive at the beginning of the year that guides teachers and school leaders to assess their current data strengths, challenges, and opportunities
- Align with teachers and school leaders on schoolwide, classroom, and student level goals that align with district and state goals and priorities
- Plan and lead weekly data analysis one-on-one meetings with teachers and school leaders
- Regularly review progress towards goals and plan aligned next steps with teachers and school leaders
- Lead school leaders in routine schoolwide walkthroughs, where participants debrief takeaways, analyze trends, and establish next steps
- Lead instructional strategy and data-aligned Professional Learning Communities for teachers
- Co-plan and provide feedback on the facilitation of instructional strategy and data-aligned Professional Learning Communities for school leaders
- Provide ongoing, targeted observation and feedback aligned to instructional next steps for teachers
- Conduct joint ongoing, targeted observation of schoolwide instruction and co-plan highest leverage feedback for school leaders
- Facilitate high-impact co-planning or rehearsal sessions to help teachers and school leaders strengthen their practices
- Travel to each school site for 1-2 days/week and will require the ability to travel to multiple school sites throughout a week to central Mississippi.
The ideal candidate for the Mississippi Data Coach is someone who has the following characteristics:
- Has teacher and school leader coaching experience of similar scope and scale to that of the MDE's Data Coaching program
- Has knowledge of effective instructional strategies and practices, including methods of differentiating instruction and fostering student engagement
- Has an unparalleled commitment and demonstrated expertise with data analysis and action planning
- Has excellent communication skills to interact effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Is deeply self-reflective, passionate, and committed to world-class schooling and excellence
- Has grit and courage in the face of challenging work
- Knows how to build relationships across various stakeholders
- Is a proven leader with the ability to inspire the attainment of rigorous, measurable goals
- Is able to travel locally to multiple schools each week within a designated region in Mississippi
The ideal candidate should also have a record of experiences that include:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree required (Masters of Education degree preferred)
- A minimum of 3 years of successful classroom teaching experience (K-5 experience preferred)
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
Rodney ensures that each new Amplify product and automated feature goes through extensive testing to ensure efficiency before being deemed ready for release to the public.
Back to top