Business Development & Licensing Associate
The Business Development & Licensing Associate will support the work of Amplify curriculum and assessment divisions. The successful candidate will work with the Amplify Business Development team, assisting in the research, negotiation, acquisition, compliance with and management of licenses for text, audio and other media assets. Additional job functions include business development project management and education industry market research.
Responsibilities of the Business Development & Licensing Associate:
- Research, qualify and update requests received from product teams; communicate regularly with internal customers in product teams;
- Approach licensors, negotiate and close permissions/licensing deals, amendments and renewals;
- Prepare usage and royalty reports for licensors, due under Amplify’s publisher agreements
- Capture contract data and ongoing negotiations in digital asset management and deal tracking tools
- Conduct audits of existing and pending permissions for internal stakeholders
- Produce financial reports for management
- Regularly monitor license usage and expiration
- Verify that content use complies with licensing agreements
- Coordinate closely with Content Production & Management and Technology teams to ensure that assets are delivered and rendered faithfully within Amplify’s products, as per licensors’ requirements
- Ensure that other contractual obligations are met
- Process invoices and liaise with Legal team, as required
Basic Qualifications of the Permissions & Licensing Associate:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience
Preferred Qualifications of the Permissions & Licensing Associate:
- Strong interest in the publishing, educational technology and media industries
- Permissions/content licensing/rights management experience preferable
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and project management skills
- This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
English Language Learner Specialist
Amber oversees the product development of Amplify’s English learner initiatives, creating unique new strategies to support students throughout the entire program.
Back to top