Business Development and Licensing Associate
A pioneer in K- 12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help all students build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than three million students in all 50 states. For more information, visit amplify.com .
The Business Development and Licensing Associate will support teams across Amplify's portfolio of curriculum and assessment products. The successful candidate will work with the Amplify Business Development team, assisting in the research, negotiation, acquisition, and management of licenses for text, audio and other media assets. Additional duties may job functions include business development project management, international sales management, and education industry market research.
Responsibilities of the Business Development & Licensing Associate:
- Build relationships with publishers, partners and vendors; work with third parties to meet Amplify's content needs through licensing as well as contracting services and content development work
- Produce financial models and reports for management
- Process invoices and liaise with Legal team, as required
- Approach licensors, negotiate and close permissions/licensing deals, amendments and renewals; prepare usage and royalty reports for licensors, due under Amplify's publisher agreements; verify that content use complies with licensing agreements
- Regularly monitor license usage and expiration; capture contract data and ongoing negotiations; conduct audits of existing and pending permissions for internal stakeholders
- Nurture Amplify's international sales leads from prospect through implementation; support business development efforts in securing larger partnerships with global publishers and international school systems
- Assist business development team in researching potential partners and negotiating terms of partnerships through full deal cycle: initial outreach, terms, contract, and full implementation
- Take on additional projects as needed
Basic Qualifications of the Business Development & Licensing Associate:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 2+ years' experience
Preferred Qualifications of the Business development & Licensing Associate:
- Strong interest in the publishing, educational technology and media industries
- Permissions/content licensing/rights management experience preferable
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and project management skills
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
Rodney ensures that each new Amplify product and automated feature goes through extensive testing to ensure efficiency before being deemed ready for release to the public.
Back to top