Associate Project Manager, CKLA
Amplify is re-imagining the way teachers teach and students learn. We enable teachers to manage whole classrooms and, at the same time, empower them to offer more personalized instruction, so that students become more active, engaged learners.
Amplify builds innovative and compelling digital educational products that empower teachers and students across the country. We have a long history as the leading innovator in K-12 education - and have been described as the best tech company in education and the best education company in tech. While others try to shrink the learning experience into the technology, we use technology to expand what is possible in real classrooms with real students and teachers.
Amplify works with educators across the country - and about 2 million students - on early literacy development. Although we’re a technology company, we don’t believe that our work is over the moment a teacher has a new software license. Instead, it’s just beginning - we work side-by-side with educators and school leaders, fitting our products into the lived reality of classrooms and schools.
We are looking for an Associate Project Manager who will successfully lead projects for our CKLA product team. This role will requireproven experience problem-solving for results and the ability to apply refined business analysis skills in order to increase project management efficiency throughout the project lifecycle. The successful candidate will be a natural leader and master communicator. The Associate Project Manager will possess the ability to successfully negotiate with major stakeholders, building consensus as needed.
The Associate Project Manager works with Amplify leadership, product development and operations teams to deliver on new business initiatives and improve in-market functions of existing product lines. The associate project manager controls day to day operational aspects of a project/s, works to keep projects on time and on budget, while maintaining excellent team morale and high customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities of Associate Project Manager :
- Manage one or more concurrent small to medium sized content development and operational projects from start to close including: Clarify and communicate project objectives and success criteria to stakeholders and the team members while providing motivation, direction, and overall management to teams of up to 6-10 people including editorial staff, designers, product owners, executive stakeholders, etc.
- Create and manage project work plans, perform business analysis, write specifications, develop initial project estimates, meet project objectives, and manage scope throughout the project life-cycle
- Track and communicate project status, issues, risks and decisions to colleagues, senior management and customers as needed
- Track and forecast project cost, revenue and margin
- Develop accurate and timely project documentation, including status, risk, and contingency plans
- Manage third-party partner and vendor relationships as necessary
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience guiding full project lifecycles from concept to delivery
- Experience managing individuals against time-sensitive deadlines
- Proven ability to work independently, based on guidelines and requirements set by senior management
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Proficient organizational skills and the ability to keep track and follow up on multiple issues, risks, and tasks
- Experience working in education, and or education technology
- Proficiency with Salesforce
- Passion for imagining creative organization solutions
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Back to top