Associate Librarian and Content Producer
A pioneer in K- 12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help all students build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than three million students in all 50 states. For more information, visit amplify.com .
When Amplify created its ELA grade 6-8 curriculum, we assembled educators and invited them to join forces with the leading experts in adolescent literacy, language development, learning science, neuroscience, motivation and other non-cognitive skills, and curriculum design. We then invited some of the leading thinkers about literature and history to join our creative process and help us make sure that our ideas about texts and language were truly state of the art. Finally, we added the innovative visions of great game designers, animators, moviemakers, and digital artists who have their own ways of engaging today's kids and teachers but have rarely been a central part of core curriculum development. The result is a new kind of English Language Arts curriculum.
The digital middle school library is an integral part of our ELA program. Amplify's digital library offers a comprehensive and dynamic collection that provides support and motivation for students as they become stronger readers. It provides access to materials that enrich and extend curriculum goals, while encouraging independent reading and learning. Our library's rich collection of books represents a broad diversity of viewpoints and subjects from throughout history and provides far-ranging opportunities for students to learn, explore, imagine, and share.
Work with the ELA Library Director and the ELA Content Development team to refine and expand the digital middle school library and to develop and revise the ELA program.
Responsibilities of the Associate Librarian and Content Developer:
- Measure the impact of the current library through data analysis and teacher/student feedback
- Develop a plan for increasing library usage and effectiveness
- Weed current collection with an eye on relevance and readership interests
- Explore publisher book lists for texts to expand the current collection
- Work with the Licensing team to foster relationships with publishers
- Assist in developing effective library reports and messaging, for both internal teams and customers
- Develop connections with core text authors and set-up videotaped interactions (interviews, classroom visits, etc)
- Work with the Project Manager
- Review Reveal vocabulary words and definitions for new core texts
- Write Reader's Advisories (RAs) for new units
- Write teacher resources for books in the Greatest Hits project (titles known to be popular with middle school teachers)
- BA in English, Humanities, or Library and Information Science
- Demonstrated writing skills
- Passionate reader with a deep knowledge of middle school literature
- Strong collaborator
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Back to top