Agile Project Manager
Amplify builds innovative and compelling digital educational products that empower teachers and students across the country. We have a long history as the leading innovator in K-12 education - and have been described as the best tech company in education and the best education company in tech. While others try to shrink the learning experience into the technology, we use technology to expand what is possible in real classrooms with real students and teachers.
Amplify works with educators across the country - and about 2 million students. Although we're a technology company, we don't believe that our work is over the moment a teacher has a new software license. Instead, it's just beginning - we work side-by-side with educators and school leaders, fitting our products into the lived reality of classrooms and schools.
Amplify Learning is seeking a passionate Agile Project Manager that will help develop our innovative educational products. The Agile Project Manager works with Amplify leadership, product management, engineering, and partners to launch and guide software development projects of varying size, type, and complexity.
Successful applicants will have experience using a variety of techniques to lead projects toward successful completion. You are a great communicator with individuals at all levels in an organization. You enjoy working collaboratively with your teammates and are comfortable working in an agile environment. You have a great attention to detail but can zoom out to the big picture as needed. You are excited to support a variety of project needs, leaping into new situations and ramping up quickly.
Responsibilities of the Agile Project Manager :
- Steady Project Leadership - Shepherd various types of software development projects from inception through completion, balancing customer delight and a happy, engaged project team with the need to deliver on time and on budget. Guide and participate in collaboration among key stakeholders to navigate challenges on the road to successful delivery. Look outside regular perspectives to detect potential risks. Influence teams through servant-leadership.
- Facilitate Clear Communication - Ensure shared understanding of project objectives and success criteria across entirety of project team, from developers and testers to designers and product managers. Communicate effectively and drive a free flow of information with and among stakeholders on all matters.
- Information Management - Track and communicate project status, risks, and emergent issues. Organize complicated information so that it is readily accessible to varying stakeholders and can be kept current with minimal overhead.
- Effective Meeting Management - Lead effective meetings among team members at all levels of the organization with tact and diplomacy.
- Continuous Improvement - Detect systemic issues, process problems, and other risks and work with the appropriate colleagues to find resolutions.
Basic Qualifications of the Project Manager:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience managing projects
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate complicated information to various stakeholders (including technical information to non-technical stakeholders)
- Risk management and contingency planning experience
- Self-starter and quick learner who can adapt to new situations quickly
Preferred Qualifications of the Project Manager:
- Experience with Agile frameworks a plus; openness to learning and working with them a must
- Experience managing software development projects
- Experience practicing servant-leadership
- Budget management experience
- Experience working in education is not required but would be a bonus
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
Rodney ensures that each new Amplify product and automated feature goes through extensive testing to ensure efficiency before being deemed ready for release to the public.
Back to top