- New York, NY
A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
Amplify is seeking a passionate Agile Coach that will help develop our innovative educational products. The Agile Coach helps individuals and teams continually improve their effectiveness in achieving our education vision, through a combination of coaching, mentoring, and direct action.
Successful applicants are committed to supportive leadership, and thrive on unlocking the potential of others. You are an excellent listener who knows the power of a simple well-placed question to catalyze change. You have the patience and creativity to deal with the natural rhythms of change and wide variation among individuals. You are curious about human behavior and complex system dynamics. You have a tireless drive for continuous improvement. You combine a theoretical understanding of Agile values and principles with practical experience of working with a group to get things done.
- Coaching Teams - Support continuous improvement on Agile teams through medium-term engagements. Provide short-term support to Agile Teams on request. Facilitate retrospectives with Agile teams and other groups to drive meaningful change. Plan and facilitate the launch of new Agile teams.
- Mentoring - Mentor on-team Agile partners one-on-one and through guilds. Facilitate interactive workshops to teach concepts and develop skills.
- Supporting the Organization - Help people throughout the organization understand Agile, Scrum, and Kanban, as well as related concepts like Lean, Lean Startup, OKRs, Design Thinking, etc. Work with department to nurture a company culture/environment that fosters high-performing, collaborative teams and individuals. Model supportive leadership that includes, among other things: empathy, listening, keen awareness, commitment to the growth of others, valuing individual strengths, and a reliance on persuasion rather than positional power.
- Coaching Individuals - Provide on-demand coaching to help individuals find their way toward new potential solutions.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience as a ScrumMaster/Agile Coach or equivalent in a software development environment.
- Experience guiding at least two teams through significant performance improvements.
- Experience facilitating at least three different types of group working sessions.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Experience facilitating interactive workshops.
- Experience with co-active coaching and powerful questions.
- Familiarity with Lean Startup, OKRs, pair programming, TDD, and/or Design Thinking.
- Experience working in education would be a bonus.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Back to top