Amperity is more than just a leading Customer Data Platform — it's a unique mix of people, technology, and opportunity. The people are whip-smart, deeply committed, and energizing. The technology is multi-patented, AI-powered, industry-shaping customer data management software that we invented because there was no way to solve the problems that we wanted to help consumer brands overcome. The opportunity is twofold: a market opportunity to provide a solution that consumer brands have been trying to find for decades, and a personal opportunity to grow and learn and hitch your career to a rocket ship.
Since our founding in 2016, Amperity has been growing 2.5X year-over-year. We've raised $187M in funding, including a recent Series D that increased our valuation to over one billion dollars. We're going places, fast, and we want you to come with us.
We help these brands make sense of massive amounts of transaction and engagement data so that they can finally know who their customers are, what opportunities exist, and how to provide the kinds of experiences that delight consumers and move the business metrics that matter. Our customers include Starbucks, Alaska Airlines, Patagonia, Kroger, J. Crew, Brooks Running, Planet Fitness, DICK's Sporting Goods, and many more.
We're building something that's never existed before, and we're doing it in a way that's great for consumers, transformational for our customers, and career-making for the members of the Amperity team. Come help us make it happen!
As the Vice President of Corporate Marketing, you will develop a data driven strategy to broadcast our story to the world, subsequently testing and refining that strategy during execution. This includes developing world class brand positioning, compelling campaigns, the best creative and events in the industry, differentiated thought leadership and content, account-based/field execution and a highly effective communications function (AR/PR/IR). You will establish yourself as the subject matter expert when it comes to the Amperity brand. You will obsess over our customers and make sure that they stand front and center in everything we do.
Reporting directly to the CMO, this role will oversee Brand, Creative, Thought Leadership, Content, Field/ABM, Events, and Communications. This is a transformative role for an experienced B2B creative and communications strategist who thrives on delivering big results in fast paced environments and who is willing to get their hands dirty doing real meaningful work.
As our VP, Corporate Marketing, you will:
- Establish and amplify Amperity brand position with differentiated campaigns and tactics.
- Elevate and refine our communications and thought leadership efforts to further establish our position in the industry and increase brand awareness to build top of funnel pipeline.
- Partner with leaders in Revenue and R&D to ensure that every touch point with our customers is world class and aligns with our brand strategy; understand that every interaction with our product and employees is the foundation of our brand.
- Develop, test, and scale compelling campaigns and creative themes that resonate with target audiences and create a measurable bias to action; effectively partnering with the demand generation team is essential.
- Defines strategic marketing campaigns in alignment with company goals and creation of the tactical project plans that will accomplish them. Define, build and manage a budget to achieve these objectives. Identify of resources and media dollars to accomplish the goals and accountability to reach them.
- Develop and execute against a communications / influencer marketing strategy, including: AR, PR, Social and IR (in partnership with finance and our CEO).
- Develop and grow an incredible team by developing existing talent and recruiting the best talent in the industry.
- 10+ years of marketing leadership experience, with an emphasis on brand, communications, content and campaign development.
- Successful and Proven B2B Marketing – Advertising and/or Digital Agency Experience an added plus, preferably working in hypergrowth environments. Success in crowded marketplaces/categories a double plus.
- Experience creating a content engine to drive high quality B2B marketing leads.
- Deep understanding of, and experience with, digital brand development in a B2B environment (design, messaging).
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; with direct experience in writing and briefing creative teams.
- Hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves, style – willing to dive in and do it yourself.
- Experience managing large projects on tight deadlines with distributed teams.
- Outstanding leadership skills, passion for L&D, and ability to build high performing teams.
- Ability and willingness to ruthlessly reprioritize as needed.
- Proven success in developing brands - from positioning, to messaging strategy to execution.
- Outstanding strategist with a passion for developing a deep understanding of markets. Domain knowledge of CDP or CRM a plus.
- Communications expert using a variety of media and channels.
- Experiencing making trade-off decisions between in-house and outsourced SOWs.
- Ability to establish trusting relationships with key executives.
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a great place to work: 100% employee healthcare coverage, transportation subsidies, a comfortable work environment with plenty of snacks, and other employee experience perks like events and activities, both in-person and remote. We also offer self-managed PTO and the flexibility to do your best work in the way that works for you. We provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
Amperity is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.