Technical Consultant/Data Engineer (SQL/ETL)
Amperity is more than just the leading Customer Data Platform — it's a rare mix of the best people, tech, and opportunity. The people are whip-smart, deeply committed, and genuinely fun to hang out with. The tech is multi-patented, AI-powered, market-leading customer data management software that we invented because there was no way to solve the problems that we wanted to help consumer brands overcome. The opportunity is twofold: a market opportunity to provide a solution that consumer brands have been trying to find for decades, and a personal opportunity to grow and learn and hitch your career to a rocket ship.
Since our founding in 2016, Amperity has been growing 2.5X year-over-year. We've raised $187M in funding, including a recent Series D that put our valuation over one billion dollars. We're going places, fast, and we want you to come with us.
We support more S&P 500 consumer brands than any other data management platform. We help these brands make sense of massive amounts of transaction and engagement data so that they can finally know who their customers are, what opportunities exist, and how to provide the kinds of experiences that delight consumers and move the business metrics that matter. Our customers include Starbucks, Alaska Airlines, Patagonia, Kroger, J. Crew, Brooks Running, Planet Fitness, DICK's Sporting Goods, and many more.
We're building something that's never existed before, and we're doing it in a way that's great for consumers, transformational for our customers, and career-making for the members of the Amperity team. Come help us make it happen!
As a Technical Consultant on our Implementation Services team, you will partner with Implementation Managers and Customer Solutions Engineers to implement Amperity’s suite of products (DataGrid, AmpID, Amp360, and AmpIQ). This is a high impact collaborative role that will see your own architecture, vet technical requirements, and execute a defined project plan for each customer. The role is deeply technical, but also customer-facing and will require familiarity with cloud platforms, database technologies, and SQL.
- Owns end to end solution design to meet the customer requirements and use cases
- Own the performance and scalability of database creation and SQL creation within the Amperity platform.
- Ability to explain complex technical solutions to a non-technical audience.
- Understand and provide feedback to Implementation Managers on customer requirements.
- Implement production-grade databases and queries that enable highly-visible, and highly-valuable, customer use cases to non-technical end-users
- 3-5+ years experience in software development, software implementation, or professional services.
- 3-5+ years integrating data including various ETL/data service processes
- 3-5+ years of experience with relational databases, SQL scripts, optimization, and dealing with large datasets is a requirement
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills with both customers and internal stakeholders
- Leads and facilitates data discovery sessions to inform solution decisions and configure the solution
- Ability to understand the business impacts of technical decisions and is empathetic to the full end to end customer use case
- Analyze & design the solution according to project specifications. Should have in-depth knowledge of design issues and best practices
- Excellent communication skills and documentation experience, with an emphasis on explaining technical concepts to business users
- A wide breadth of technical knowledge, with an eagerness to learn and use new technologies.
- A creative, versatile approach to solving problems with technology - the variety of problems you face will rarely have a well-defined, obvious solution.
- Basic Unix/Linux/CLI experience
- Familiarity with various cloud-based technologies (AWS, Azure)
- A positive can-do attitude and tireless work ethic. Driven, self-sufficient, and able to thrive and adapt to change in a very fast-paced environment.
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”. Transportation subsidies, 100% healthcare coverage, and a comfortable snack-laden work environment. Beyond the basics, we provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top