Sr. Analyst, Customer Insights
- Seattle, WA
Amperity is more than just the leading Customer Data Platform — it's a rare mix of the best people, tech, and opportunity. The people are whip-smart, deeply committed, and genuinely fun to hang out with. The tech is multi-patented, AI-powered, market-leading customer data management software that we invented because there was no way to solve the problems that we wanted to help consumer brands overcome. The opportunity is twofold: a market opportunity to provide a solution that consumer brands have been trying to find for decades, and a personal opportunity to grow and learn and hitch your career to a rocket ship.
Since our founding in 2016, Amperity has been growing 2.5X year-over-year. We've raised $187M in funding, including a recent Series D that put our valuation over one billion dollars. We're going places, fast, and we want you to come with us.
We support more S&P 500 consumer brands than any other data management platform. We help these brands make sense of massive amounts of transaction and engagement data so that they can finally know who their customers are, what opportunities exist, and how to provide the kinds of experiences that delight consumers and move the business metrics that matter. Our customers include Starbucks, Alaska Airlines, Patagonia, Kroger, J. Crew, Brooks Running, Planet Fitness, DICK's Sporting Goods, and many more.
We're building something that's never existed before, and we're doing it in a way that's great for consumers, transformational for our customers, and career-making for the members of the Amperity team. Come help us make it happen!
At Amperity, we help people use data to serve the customer. The Analytics team works directly with some of the world’s most loved consumer brands, and as an analyst you will lead our clients and prospects as an expert in using, understanding, and acting on customer data. You’ll call on your business knowledge and deep technical expertise to unlock powerful insights from a wide range of industries. And you’ll accelerate Amperity’s speed to value by creating the framework to scale your most impactful analyses with our internal teams and external users.
This role is a unique opportunity to:
- Dive deep into the data. Explore behavioral and transactional data from a variety of industries, quickly ramping up on new data schemas as you create compelling insights
- Grow your consulting chops. Your analysis and strategic recommendations will influence marketing and analytics leaders from innovative consumer brands and help them transform their business
- Have outsized impact. Analytics at Amperity is inherently cross-functional. The work you’ll do will influence our customers’ success, sales, and the product itself. And because Amperity partners with hundreds of brands, the work you do will help improve the customer experience for millions of customers.
- Develop customer-centric analyses and solve challenging problems from a variety of consumer verticals
- Support the Amperity selling motion with your deep analytics expertise, generating insights that showcase the value Amperity provides
- Consult with leaders from major consumer brands to identify trends, opportunities, and valuable segments that help them drive and measure incremental growth
- Build scalable methodology and tools to accelerate the analytics motion
- Help inform product direction as an Amperity power-user
- Contribute to Amperity-sponsored analytic studies shared with our community
We are looking for a versatile analytics professional who can go deep to derive useful insights and delight our customers (and help others learn to do the same). We are a team that moves quickly and relies on each other to think independently, work autonomously, handle ambiguity, and solve hard problems. If you are passionate about developing customer-centric analytics methodologies to help the world’s most loved brands use their data to better serve their customers, and you are looking for a fast-paced, friendly, and fun place to work, you should apply!
- Minimum 5 years experience in a consulting, business analytics, or data science role, preferably working with customer behavior data for a direct-to-consumer business
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan and execute repeatable analyses and recommend actionable strategy for a variety of industries
- Strong communicator who easily bridges the gap between data and business owners
- Creative thinker, adept at imagining new business use cases and identifying the data necessary to make them a reality
- Direct experience with experimentation design and A/B test measurement
- Excellent SQL skills with experience using statistical computer languages (Python, R, PySpark, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large datasets
- Experience creating executive-level dashboards using visualization tools like Tableau
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, swiftly-changing startup environment
- BA/BS in Math, Economics, Statistics, or other quantitative field (advanced degrees are a plus)
- Ability to develop predictive models using a ML framework such as MLlib, H20 or scikit-learn a distinct plus
- Ability to travel (15%)
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”. Transportation subsidies, 100% healthcare coverage, and a comfortable snack-laden work environment. We’ve got all that superficial stuff, and more. Amperity provides benefits that are hard to find: a place where you’ll be proud to call your colleagues “friends”, for real. An environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential. The opportunity to make a lifetime’s worth of memories building a world-class company with world-class people.
Back to top