Amperity is more than just a leading Customer Data Platform — it's a unique mix of people, technology, and opportunity. The people are whip-smart, deeply committed, and energizing. The technology is multi-patented, AI-powered, industry-shaping customer data management software that we invented because there was no way to solve the problems that we wanted to help consumer brands overcome. The opportunity is twofold: a market opportunity to provide a solution that consumer brands have been trying to find for decades, and a personal opportunity to grow and learn and hitch your career to a rocket ship.
Since our founding in 2016, Amperity has been growing 2.5X year-over-year. We've raised $187M in funding, including a recent Series D that increased our valuation to over one billion dollars. We're going places, fast, and we want you to come with us.
We help these brands make sense of massive amounts of transaction and engagement data so that they can finally know who their customers are, what opportunities exist, and how to provide the kinds of experiences that delight consumers and move the business metrics that matter. Our customers include Starbucks, Alaska Airlines, Patagonia, Kroger, J. Crew, Brooks Running, Planet Fitness, DICK's Sporting Goods, and many more.
We're building something that's never existed before, and we're doing it in a way that's great for consumers, transformational for our customers, and career-making for the members of the Amperity team. Come help us make it happen!
At Amperity, we take pride in driving to be not just the number one CDP, but also the CDP with the best user experience. The product design team partners with product managers and developers at Amperity to ensure the design and development of a user experience that brings our users joy. This role reports to the head of product design and is open to Seattle-based or remote designers.
- Work as a trusted member of a supportive and caring team that delivers great designs.
- Move projects forward as the lead designer on projects, helping PMs balance long-term strategy and the short-term tactics to land on the right design for our users right now.
- Develop a deep understanding of our users and their goals, with a focus on advanced analytics users.
- Help refine and move adoption of our design standards, patterns, and UI components.
- Contribute with feedback on other designers’ projects. You will be the third member of a small but mighty design team and each of our designs will be stronger through each other’s input.
- Have the opportunity to directly implement UX improvements through lightweight UI coding, contributing to our component library and committing tweaks to improve the user experience.
- You have 4+ years of experience designing features for web-based applications from concept, and have a portfolio of web design samples to show your work.
- You have strong user empathy. You see yourself as a user advocate and want to deeply understand your users’ needs. You’re hungry for data on user behavior and love talking to users, hearing their feedback, and adjusting your approach.
- You have a good balance between confidence in your design choices and ability to seek others’ ideas, added context, and feedback to iterate collaboratively.
- Your designs are well-reasoned and you’re able to clearly communicate the whys behind your design choices as well the details of how interactions should work to product managers and developers.
- You have a strong attention to detail and drive towards consistency.
- You have some familiarity with HTML and CSS and interest in building components to improve both the user and developer experience.
- You desire to work in a fast changing, dynamic startup environment. You eat ambiguous projects for breakfast and turn them into intuitive user experiences.
- You are a self-starter and finisher.
Exceptional candidates may also have:
- Familiarity and interest in SQL, Tableau, and BI tools (things our users leverage heavily).
- Excited about data visualizations and when and how to use data visualizations.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, Figma, Zeplin, Storybook, and/or component libraries.
- A background in SaaS, CDP, and/or web-based marketing tools.
- 2+ years experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with engineering teams and related tools (e.g., git, docker).
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a great place to work: 100% employee healthcare coverage, transportation subsidies, a comfortable work environment with plenty of snacks, and other employee experience perks like events and activities, both in-person and remote. We also offer self-managed PTO and the flexibility to do your best work in the way that works for you. We provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
Amperity is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.