Senior UX Designer
- Seattle, WA
Amperity is a hyper-growth SaaS company that is leading the way in customer data management. Since our founding in 2016 and launching our first commercial product in 2017, Amperity is operating in rarified air, growing 2.5X YoY since launch.
We deliver a proven Customer 360 and Customer Insights suite to more S&P 500 consumer brands than any other solution. With multiple US patents already awarded, Amperity helps brands know who their customers are, decide where and how to grow the business, and serve personalized customer experiences at every touchpoint. Our customers include Starbucks, Alaska Airlines, J. Crew, Lucky Brand, Brooks Running, Planet Fitness, Kendra Scott, MGM Resorts, and many more.
In just three years, we’ve raised nearly $90M in total funding. Amperity has two headquarters - our founding office in Seattle and our second office in New York City.
Come join us on our mission to help people use data to serve the customer!
At Amperity, we take pride in driving to be not just the number one CDP, but also the CDP with the best user experience. The product design team partners with product managers and developers at Amperity to ensure the design and development of a user experience that brings our users joy. This role reports to the head of product design and is open to Seattle-based or remote designers.
- Work as a trusted member of a supportive and caring team that delivers great designs.
- Move projects forward as the lead designer on projects, helping PMs balance long-term strategy and the short-term tactics to land on the right design for our users right now.
- Develop a deep understanding of our users and their goals, with a focus on advanced analytics users.
- Help refine and move adoption of our design standards, patterns, and UI components.
- Contribute with feedback on other designers’ projects. You will be the third member of a small but mighty design team and each of our designs will be stronger through each other’s input.
- Have the opportunity to directly implement UX improvements through lightweight UI coding, contributing to our component library and committing tweaks to improve the user experience.
- You have 4+ years of experience designing features for web-based applications from concept, and have a portfolio of web design samples to show your work.
- You have strong user empathy. You see yourself as a user advocate and want to deeply understand your users’ needs. You’re hungry for data on user behavior and love talking to users, hearing their feedback, and adjusting your approach.
- You have a good balance between confidence in your design choices and ability to seek others’ ideas, added context, and feedback to iterate collaboratively.
- Your designs are well-reasoned and you’re able to clearly communicate the whys behind your design choices as well the details of how interactions should work to product managers and developers.
- You have a strong attention to detail and drive towards consistency.
- You have some familiarity with HTML and CSS and interest in building components to improve both the user and developer experience.
- You desire to work in a fast changing, dynamic startup environment. You eat ambiguous projects for breakfast and turn them into intuitive user experiences.
- You are a self-starter and finisher.
Exceptional candidates may also have:
- Familiarity and interest in SQL, Tableau, and BI tools (things our users leverage heavily).
- Excited about data visualizations and when and how to use data visualizations.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, Figma, Zeplin, Storybook, and/or component libraries.
- A background in SaaS, CDP, and/or web-based marketing tools.
- 2+ years experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with engineering teams and related tools (e.g., git, docker).
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”. Transportation subsidies, 100% healthcare coverage, and a comfortable snack-laden work environment. We’ve got all that superficial stuff, and more. All that is great, but Amperity provides benefits that are hard to find: a place where you’ll be proud to call your colleagues “friends”, for real. An environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential. The opportunity to make a lifetime’s worth of memories building a world-class company with world-class people.
Back to top