Senior Software Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amperity helps people use data to serve their customers. Underneath this simple statement lies the monumental challenge of building an automatically-scaling system that understands customer data of any variety. The size and complexity of this mission requires an engineering team who can solve some of the most sophisticated problems in distributed systems, machine learning, big data, data science and visualization, and product design.
More than just Marketing technology, we help world class brands reorient how they think about their business; from focusing on stores or products to focusing on a customer's experience through all of their brand interactions. With multiple US patents already awarded, Amperity helps brands know who their customers are, decide where and how to grow their business, and serve personalized customer experiences at every touchpoint. Our customers include Alaska Airlines, Kroger, Lucky Brand, Kendra Scott, Planet Fitness, Kenneth Cole, e.l.f. Cosmetics, Seattle Sounders FC, Crocs, Stanley, Endeavour Drinks, and many more.
Amperity is a hyper-growth SaaS company that is leading the way in customer data management. Since our founding in 2016 and launching our first commercial product in 2017, Amperity operates in rarified air, growing 2.5X YoY since launch.
In just three years, we’ve raised nearly $90M in total funding. Amperity has two headquarters - our founding office in Seattle and our second office in New York City, though we’re committed to fostering a healthy distributed working environment for the foreseeable future.
Come join us on our mission to help people use data to serve the customer!
- Continually ingesting and understanding large amounts of structured customer, product and event data
- Creating probabilistic knowledge graphs by training ML models to unify this data across disparate systems
- Taking research algorithms and realizing them in production for extremely high-scale usage
- Building visual experiences and toolset to help users visualize their data, understand their customers, and surface the most impactful insights.
- Integrating our system into the operating core of the businesses we serve.
- Experience working with large scale data oriented systems
- Proven software engineering and ownership skills in production environments
- Excited about using functional languages (like Clojure!) in a production environment
- Strong desire to learn and investigate new technologies
- Passionate about building elegant user experiences on top of complex technology
- Open minded, collaborative, inclusive, and obsessed with your customers’ success.
Technologies We Use
- Open source large-scale data engines such as Spark, Presto, and Kafka
- A web stack based on ClojureScript and the React family of tools
- Cloud-first automation including Apache Aurora and SaltStack, deployed across many cloud platforms.
- Random forests, logistic regression, and probabilistic databases
- Emacs AND vi!
- And more
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”. 100% healthcare coverage, expertise in distributed working environments, flexible hours, and very intentional career development. We’ll get to the snacks when the office opens again. Beyond the basics, we provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top