Senior Software Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Due to COVID-19, Amperity has decided to briefly pause recruiting for this role in an effort to prioritize the health and safety of its employees, applicants and community members. We will continue to monitor national, state and local circumstances and will update applicants with further information as soon as possible.
Amperity is a hyper-growth SaaS company that is leading the way in customer data management. Since our founding in 2016 and launching our first commercial product in 2017, Amperity is operating in rarified air, growing 2.5X YoY since launch.
We deliver a proven Customer 360 and Customer Insights suite to more S&P 500 consumer brands than any other solution. With multiple US patents already awarded, Amperity helps brands know who their customers are, decide where and how to grow the business, and serve personalized customer experiences at every touchpoint. Our customers include Starbucks, Alaska Airlines, TGI Fridays, J. Crew, Lucky Brand, Brooks Running, Planet Fitness, Kendra Scott, MGM Resorts, and many more.
In just three years, we’ve raised nearly $90M in total funding. Amperity has two headquarters - our founding office in Seattle and our second office in New York City.
Come join us on our mission to help people use data to serve the customer!
- Ingesting and cleaning large amounts of data daily and blending it with real-time events
- Automatically stitching data together across disparate systems by training machine-learning models to build a probabilistic knowledge graph
- Taking research algorithms and productionizing them for high-scale usage
- Allowing users to perform complex, real-time queries across an aggregated view of their data
- Publishing query result data to a diverse set of systems for client usage
- You have experience using Clojure and/or Clojurescript or are functionally curious
- You have experience building complex distributed systems in the JVM
- You think about scalable architectures and great customer end to end experience
- You improve things by 10x, not just 10%
- You have worked in a DevOps environment, and drive sustainability such that DevOps is more Dev than Ops
- You are open minded, inclusive, and motivated to make good decisions
Technologies We Use
- Open Source tools such as Accumulo, Spark, and Kafka
- A web stack based on ClojureScript and the React family of tools
- Cloud-first automation including Apache Aurora and SaltStack
- Random forests, logistic regression, and probabilistic databases
- Emacs AND vi!
- And more
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”. Transportation subsidies, 100% healthcare coverage, and a comfortable snack-laden work environment. Beyond the basics, we provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top