Leader, Business Development
- Seattle, WA
Amperity is a hyper-growth SaaS company that is leading the way in customer data management. Since our founding in 2016 and launching our first commercial product in 2017, Amperity is operating in rarified air, growing 2.5X YoY since launch.
We deliver a proven Customer 360 and Customer Insights suite to more S&P 500 consumer brands than any other solution. With multiple US patents already awarded, Amperity helps brands know who their customers are, decide where and how to grow the business, and serve personalized customer experiences at every touchpoint. Our customers include Starbucks, Alaska Airlines, TGI Fridays, J. Crew, Lucky Brand, Brooks Running, Planet Fitness, Kendra Scott, MGM Resorts, and many more.
In just three years, we’ve raised nearly $90M in total funding. Amperity has two headquarters - our founding office in Seattle and our second office in New York City.
Come join us on our mission to help people use data to serve the customer!
Amperity is building out the founding team for our Alliances department and is seeking a Leader – Business Development to own our partnerships with our Global and National SI partners, key marketing technology companies, as well as digital agencies. You will be responsible for driving strategy and execution of Amperity’s product and go-to-market channel partnerships, including SI, Ecosystem, Marketplace and Cloud Infrastructure (GCP, AWS, Azure). This role will collaborate with product management, engineering, sales, marketing, services and finance to build a fully integrated product and channel partner strategy and ecosystem.
- Use a systematic approach to establish deep relationships with strategic partners (product and distribution) including understanding their strategy, key decision-makers, organizational structure, technology solutions, roadmaps and go-to-market focus
- Maintain pipeline of new partnership opportunities designed to drive relevance, reach and revenue for our technology
- Qualify, structure, negotiate, close, and manage strategic partnerships that will drive product adoption, revenue, and customer acquisition
- Leverage understanding of the MarTech landscape to identify and execute against key product partnership opportunities
- Work with product, engineering, marketing, sales, services, finance and legal teams to evaluate, explore and execute strategic partnership opportunities
- Drive post-close engagement plans for success
- Identify and pursue opportunities to continue to extend these partnerships to drive value for both parties
- Understand the competitive landscape and identify strategic opportunities and threats
- Identify and track relevant metrics of success and periodically report to the executive leadership team on status
- Develop and implement the overall channel strategy for the field and Company
- Manage partner programs to maximize channel sales revenue and “influenced” direct sales revenue from partners
- Collaborate with field sales team to provide partners that add value to our current customers, identify incremental customer opportunism and assist in current sales pursuits where directed by the customer or Amperity sales teams
- Co-selling with partners to close sales opportunities and interact with direct sales on the Partner engagement model
- Quota responsibility across defined partner channels
- As the business grows, hiring, mentorship, and performance management of Business Development team
- Technically savvy, experienced with the cloud, APIs, MarTech and enterprise software
- Experience securing and operationalizing channel partnership programs, particularly with strategic System Integrator, Distribution and Alliance partners
- Extensive experience formulating a partnership vision, strategy, and execution plan
- Technical ability to understand software and recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with product managers
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with an ability to interact effectively with business development leaders, executives, product managers and engineers
- Creative, critical and solution-first thinker with customer service mentality
- Can handle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Fun to work with, excellent at teamwork and cross group collaboration
- Great at execution: results-driven, detail-oriented, organized self-starter
- Ability to influence and build relationships with people across all levels and organizations internally and externally
- Extensive industry contacts and ability to navigate technology landscape and partner ecosystem
- Proven experience starting from scratch to develop, negotiate and structure complex deals
- Passionate about technology and its ability to have a meaningful impact on the world
- 10+ years of experience working in technology in a business development or product management capacity at a market leading company
- Able to travel (25%+)
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”: 100% employee healthcare coverage, expertise in distributed working environments, flexible hours, and very intentional career development. (We’ll get to the snacks when the office opens again.) Beyond the basics, we provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential. You’ll find yourself in a team with many different backgrounds and perspectives, but we all share one thing in common: our drive to improve our customers, ourselves and each other.
Back to top