Amperity is more than just a leading Customer Data Platform — it's a unique mix of people, technology, and opportunity. The people are whip-smart, deeply committed, and energizing. The technology is multi-patented, AI-powered, industry-shaping customer data management software that we invented because there was no way to solve the problems that we wanted to help consumer brands overcome. The opportunity is twofold: a market opportunity to provide a solution that consumer brands have been trying to find for decades, and a personal opportunity to grow and learn and hitch your career to a rocket ship.
Since our founding in 2016, Amperity has been growing 2.5X year-over-year. We've raised $187M in funding, including a recent Series D that increased our valuation to over one billion dollars. We're going places, fast, and we want you to come with us.
We help these brands make sense of massive amounts of transaction and engagement data so that they can finally know who their customers are, what opportunities exist, and how to provide the kinds of experiences that delight consumers and move the business metrics that matter. Our customers include Starbucks, Alaska Airlines, Patagonia, Kroger, J. Crew, Brooks Running, Planet Fitness, DICK's Sporting Goods, and many more.
We're building something that's never existed before, and we're doing it in a way that's great for consumers, transformational for our customers, and career-making for the members of the Amperity team. Come help us make it happen!
As an Implementation Manager, you will own the success of the customer journey from the closure of the sales process, to the launch of customer use cases within the platform, ensuring a durable, user friendly and maintainable outcome for the solution.
The primary objective of this role is to provide the oversight and management required to ensure a successful, on-time and within budget implementation that meets the objectives of the engagement. Your skillset will include; the ability to communicate openly and effectively with audiences of all seniority levels, understand and speak to higher level technical topics, demonstrated experience project managing large-scale and complex SaaS implementations at Fortune 500 companies with appropriate rigor, and in collaboration with internal and external partners to ensure successful outcomes.
You will be engaging with the customer and Amperity teams on the day to day management of the deployment as well as providing a communication channel & guidance with customer and Amperity executive steering committees. This regular stream of communication will be sponsored by your ability to evaluate risk, promote benefit, manage expectations and control implementation scope.
- Project manage multiple, concurrent implementations varying in duration and complexity.
- Drive customer and internal teams to timely and on-budget completion with appropriately managed project scope.
- Coordinate and prioritize project tasks, manage timelines, maintain project plans and communicate status to clients, project sponsors and senior management.
- Own connecting the dots between the right resources (executive and technical) and the right problems, directly participating and ensuring the teams are empowered to deliver the best possible outcomes.
- Anticipate, mitigate and communicate project risk to deliverables, their dates, and impact on implementation success.
- Understand the client from a practitioner’s perspective - what does their day look like, what systems and technologies do they use, what are their pain points, how can Amperity’s solution drive the most meaningful results.
- Be curious about your customers from a business and strategic perspective - get to know their business, their industry, and develop an understanding of Amperity’s value proposition within this context to deliver the best possible consultative experience.
- Be passionate about continuing to build on a world class consulting business within the Amperity platform.
- Be an advocate of your client base across the organization – work with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Executive Leadership teams to ensure the Amperity service is built to be well-aligned with client needs and goals.
- Background in professional services, technical project management, or similar.
- Experience managing complex technical implementations, end-to-end.
- Experience with managing stakeholders across various levels and functions.
- Able to grasp and contribute to technical discussions from a conceptual standpoint. Some exposure to SQL is a plus.
- Understanding of data analysis skills. Ability to direct and curate efforts to dig into customer data and extract insights for stakeholders.
- Passionate - you have a passion for diving into real customer data to solve real customer problems.
- Organized - you have a natural ability to prioritize and you never drop the ball.
- Comfortable leading in an ambiguous environment - you collaborate on design, architecture, and strategy, while not afraid to get into the technical details when needed to drive quality deliverables.
- Gritty - you are able to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep driving towards your vision.
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a great place to work: 100% employee healthcare coverage, transportation subsidies, a comfortable work environment with plenty of snacks, and other employee experience perks like events and activities, both in-person and remote. We also offer self-managed PTO and the flexibility to do your best work in the way that works for you. We provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
Amperity is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.