Engineering Manager, Systems
- Seattle, WA
Amperity helps people use data to serve their customers. Underneath this simple statement lies the monumental challenge of building an automatically-scaling system that understands customer data of any variety. The size and complexity of this mission requires an engineering team who can solve some of the most sophisticated problems in distributed systems, machine learning, big data, data science and visualization, and product design.
More than just Marketing technology, we help world class brands reorient how they think about their business; from focusing on stores or products to focusing on a customer's experience through all of their brand interactions. With multiple US patents already awarded, Amperity helps brands know who their customers are, decide where and how to grow their business, and serve personalized customer experiences at every touchpoint. Our customers include Alaska Airlines, Kroger, Lucky Brand, Kendra Scott, Planet Fitness, Kenneth Cole, e.l.f. Cosmetics, Seattle Sounders FC, Crocs, Stanley, Endeavour Drinks, and many more.
Amperity is a hyper-growth SaaS company that is leading the way in customer data management. Since our founding in 2016 and launching our first commercial product in 2017, Amperity operates in rarified air, growing 2.5X YoY since launch.
In just three years, we’ve raised nearly $90M in total funding. Amperity has two headquarters - our founding office in Seattle and our second office in New York City, though we’re committed to fostering a healthy distributed working environment for the foreseeable future.
Come join us on our mission to help people use data to serve the customer!
- Ingesting and cleaning large amounts of data daily and blending it with real-time events
- Automatically stitching data together across disparate systems by training machine-learning models to build a probabilistic knowledge graph
- Taking research algorithms and productionizing them for high-scale usage
- Allowing users to perform complex, real-time queries across an aggregated view of their data
- Publishing query result data to a diverse set of systems for client usage
- Crafting a powerful and elegant user experience to make these systems accessible for humans
- And building the teams that accomplish this flexibly, durably, and while supporting each other in a distributed working environment.
- Obsessed with your customers success and creating a great place to work for your team. Open minded, collaborative, inclusive and empathetic.
- Two or more years of software management experience, with strong emphasis on coaching engineers.
- Five or more years of software development experience, with experience in large scale and distributed systems.
- Demonstrated passion for balancing robust SaaS craftsmanship with continually shipping value to customers.
- Leadership experience as the primary owner for complex projects involving coordination between customers, product management, and engineering.
- Strong desire to learn and investigate new technologies in a hands-on, practical manner.
Technologies We Use
- Open Source tools such as Spark, Mesos, and Kafka
- A web stack based on ClojureScript and the React family of tools
- Cloud-first automation including Apache Aurora and SaltStack
- Random forests, logistic regression, and probabilistic databases
- Emacs AND vi!
- And more
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”. 100% healthcare coverage, expertise in distributed working environments, flexible hours, and very intentional career development. We’ll get to the snacks when the office opens again. Beyond the basics, we provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top