Customer Solutions Engineer
Amperity is a hyper-growth SaaS company that is leading the way in customer data management. Since our founding in 2016 and launching our first commercial product in 2017, Amperity is operating in rarified air, growing 2.5X YoY since launch.
We deliver a proven Customer 360 and Customer Insights suite to more S&P 500 consumer brands than any other solution. With multiple US patents already awarded, Amperity helps brands know who their customers are, decide where and how to grow the business, and serve personalized customer experiences at every touchpoint. Our customers include Starbucks, Alaska Airlines, Patagonia, TGI Fridays, J. Crew, Lucky Brand, Brooks Running, Planet Fitness, Kendra Scott, MGM Resorts, and many more.
In just three years, we’ve raised nearly $90M in total funding. Amperity has two headquarters - our founding office in Seattle and our second office in New York City.
Come join us on our mission to help people use data to serve the customer!
As a Solutions Engineer on our Customer Solutions team, you will partner with Engagement Managers to develop, optimize, and deliver client databases using Amperity’s powerful database generation and segmentation tools. This involves reviewing, optimizing, and improving existing SQL queries and advising Engagement Managers on how to streamline them, as well as advise on how our platform and tools can be optimized and improved.
- Own the performance and scalability of database creation and SQL creation within the Amperity platform.
- Partner with the Engagement Managers to prioritize, scope, and coordinate their use of your time.
- Understand and provide feedback to Engagement Managers on customer requirements.
- Implement production-grade marketer-friendly databases and queries that enable highly-visible, and highly-valuable, customer use cases to non-technical end-users.
- 3-5+ years experience in software development, software implementation or professional services.
- A wide breadth of technical knowledge, with an eagerness to learn and use new technologies.
- A creative, versatile approach to solving problems with technology - the variety of problems you face will rarely have a well-defined, obvious solution.
- Experience with relational databases, SQL queries, and optimization, and dealing with large datasets a requirement. Must have experience in multiple dialects of SQL.
- Experience directly with Apache Spark and Spark SQL a distinct plus.
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (Accumulo, Hadoop) a distinct plus.
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”. Transportation subsidies, 100% healthcare coverage, and a comfortable snack-laden work environment. Beyond the basics, we provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top