Amperity is more than just a leading Customer Data Platform — it's a unique mix of people, technology, and opportunity. The people are whip-smart, deeply committed, and energizing. The technology is multi-patented, AI-powered, industry-shaping customer data management software that we invented because there was no way to solve the problems that we wanted to help consumer brands overcome. The opportunity is twofold: a market opportunity to provide a solution that consumer brands have been trying to find for decades, and a personal opportunity to grow and learn and hitch your career to a rocket ship.
Since our founding in 2016, Amperity has been growing 2.5X year-over-year. We've raised $187M in funding, including a recent Series D that increased our valuation to over one billion dollars. We're going places, fast, and we want you to come with us.
We help these brands make sense of massive amounts of transaction and engagement data so that they can finally know who their customers are, what opportunities exist, and how to provide the kinds of experiences that delight consumers and move the business metrics that matter. Our customers include Starbucks, Alaska Airlines, Patagonia, Kroger, J. Crew, Brooks Running, Planet Fitness, DICK's Sporting Goods, and many more.
We're building something that's never existed before, and we're doing it in a way that's great for consumers, transformational for our customers, and career-making for the members of the Amperity team. Come help us make it happen!
The Account Director is responsible for Amperity's ongoing relationships with a group of customers. While countless other people and teams within Amperity are crucial to the establishment and ongoing success of these relationships, each relationship needs a focal point of strategic responsibility, cross-functional coordination and accountability for outcomes. The Account Director serves as that focal point. She/he makes sure that her/his customers get increasing value out of our technology and our team over time, identifies and deploys risk mitigation strategies, takes ownership of renewals and identifies opportunities for mutually beneficial expansion.
The Account Director works alongside a group of world-class colleagues from Client Services, Product and other teams to deliver a cohesive and tightly coordinated customer experience, ensuring that in addition to realizing business value beyond expectations, our customers call us their favorite technology and/or service provider.
- Develop and own trust- and value-based day-to-day relationships with key customer contacts at all levels of the customer organization; serve as a liaison between the customer and Amperity
- Own resolution of commercial issues; support Practice Director in resolving operational or service-related issues
- Identify risks in the relationship or commercial arrangement and develop and deploy strategies to mitigate such risks
- Own internal account planning and customer health tracking
- Conduct regular business reviews with the customer to clearly illustrate value and explore new use cases
- Plan, coordinate and close all renewal opportunities
- Identify expansion opportunities for products and services, closing small or usage-based expansion opportunities and leveraging the sales team to close large or feature-based opportunities
- You have 7-10+ years in an account management role, preferably in enterprise software, holding commercial responsibility for a book of business
- You're able to navigate the world’s biggest, most complex companies, foster champions and manage dissenters
- You’re quick on your feet, projecting confidence and knowing when to tap other experts for the best possible answer
- You can explain complex concepts simply and persuade others to adopt new ways of thinking, becoming a trusted advisor to your customers over time
- You have a knack for finding opportunities to expand Amperity’s scope with existing customers in ways that continue to add outsize value for them
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a great place to work: 100% employee healthcare coverage, transportation subsidies, a comfortable work environment with plenty of snacks, and other employee experience perks like events and activities, both in-person and remote. We also offer self-managed PTO and the flexibility to do your best work in the way that works for you. We provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
Amperity is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.