Sr Data Architect
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
Building strong relationships with our Customers is at the heart of our success at American Express. We are looking for a Senior Data Architect who can shape and drive innovative, transformational data architectures both at domain and enterprise levels. American Express is modernizing at pace, and you will be part of a growing team of enterprise data architecture professionals focused on providing world-class data integration solutions that underpin this transformation. You will get to work closely with Channel Partners, talented Product Owners, Architects and Engineers to define and execute the enterprise vision and roadmap. Our data needs to be discovered quickly, connected accurately and consumed safely.
As a Senior Data Architect, you will provide expertise and leadership to analyze channel-facing business services and functions; determine their information needs; develop data architectures to support seamless execution of business services. You will apply your deep knowledge and experience designing high-performance architectures that are business focused, semantically rich, adaptable, and scalable.
No two days are the same, but the Senior Data Architect's activities include the following but not limited to -
• Work with Senior leaders, Business Partners and Product Owners to understand, and execute, the vision and roadmap creating omni channel enterprise business services
• Design detailed data architectures, including constructing domain, conceptual, logical and physical data models, interface specifications and data flow diagrams
• Shape enterprise data architecture design patterns, design principles and best practices enhancing business solution delivery
• Understand governance, standards, compliance, audit, regulatory and audit requirements and ensure that these are factored into your design
• 8+ years of proven Data Architecture experience, working both at an Enterprise and Domain levels, including major transformation programs
• Hands-on experience with GraphQL schema design, Relational (e.g. Oracle/Postgres), NoSQL (Couchbase, Cassandra, MapR) and modern database technologies
• Experience of designing interface specifications (openAPI/Swagger, YAML) and understanding of modern API technologies and architectures (REST, FaaS, gRPC etc.)
• Experience in working with highly productive cross functional teams using Agile/Scrum/Kanban project methodologies
• Expert in business analysis, process/functional modeling, domain/data modeling (conceptual and logical), data integration and mapping, and data governance
• Hands-on experience using one or more of the following tools: ER Studio/ERWin/Hackolade
• Expert in designing complex, semantically rich data structures in a variety of forms, including relational, dimensional, graph, events
• Strong leadership, stakeholder management, networking, and relationship building skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to clearly articulate solution alternatives
• Strong prioritization, planning, and organizational skills
• Bachelors or master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or other Technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 20, 2020, 5:27:59 PM
Back to top