Senior Services/Platform Engineer - LoungeBuddy
- San Francisco, CA
As a new addition to the American Express family, our team is working to develop additional ways to become an essential part of Card Members' digital lives by enabling travelers to discover, book, and access airport lounges worldwide. You will have the freedom, ownership, and speed of a startup with the backing, support, and resources of American Express.
We are growing our engineering team and are specifically looking for ateammate that can act as a peer to our existing senior engineers. You are someone experienced and extremely knowledgeable with system design as this isabsolutely criticalfor success. You'll be working on theLoungeBuddyAPI - powering our website, mobile application, and business facing products by working to migrate the backend services into a more robust microservice architecture. You have real experience working at a high-scale startup and have been heavily involved in system-level architectural discussions.
We come from all around the world, spanning multiple continents. TheLoungeBuddyteam is made up ofvery uniqueand fascinating people. We are a small but mighty team that are passionate about working collaboratively, travel, and of course airport lounges. Our pillars are Trust & Respect, Collaboration, Learning & Growth, Ownership, and Empathy. Since our acquisition, we have kept our existing team but have gained the resources and backing of American Express to build theworld'sbest travel experiences!
Discover more about us here: https://www.loungebuddy.com/about/team
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
What are we currently working oninternally?
- Defining a reproducible, scalable microservice development practice
- Implementing best practices for how to design system architecture to handle enterprise level traffic
- Improving the reliability & performance across all our services
- Improving our deployment process to move more effectively
- Gaining better insight into errors and performance issues
- Some of our recent initiatives include the use ofElasticSearchto improve our data
- API'sresponsiveness (hopefully extended to our booking API soon), and Kafka to improve data flow across services
- Our stack: Node.js, MongoDB, Postgres, Redis, Kafka, and Elasticsearch
- Have a solid understanding of Node.jsand experience building and maintaining services at hightraffic/scale as well as experience designing high-level system architecture
- Can communicate complex software concepts to people with a wide range of technicalknowledge
- Thrive on teams with a congenial and collaborative approach to working through technicalproblems
- Takes an interest in the bigger picture, and how their current work fits into the team's largergoals
- Enjoys iterative, user-driven development that prioritizes user feedback
- Committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for colleagues of all backgrounds
- Enjoys contributing to the development of his or her peers by providing mentorship and support
- 4+ years of experience (with Node preferred)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 20, 2021, 9:19:59 AM
Back to top