Manager/Senior Manager, Project Management Office – Click to Pay
- New York, NY
Network Solutions & Operations (NSO) runs the American Express Network, processing $1 Trillion in annual spend and serving issuers and acquirers in over 90 markets worldwide. The GNO team manages and optimizes this core platform, defining its operations and creating innovative products that simultaneously leverage network assets and unlock new commerce for American Express.
The Network Product team leads product development and management for the Global Network, building for scale, driving interoperability, and enabling seamless, secure customer interactions and innovative experiences.
We are looking for a tenured Project Manager who is thoughtful, technically well-versed, and a self-starter. This person will be part of the Global Network product team, responsible for supporting the PMO function of emerging payment solutions such as Secure Remote Commerce (SRC) and Web Payments (W3C). Candidate who is highly organized, with excellent communication skills, and has experience managing large scale projects would be ideal for this role. The manager will need to ensure multiple work streams across NSO and AXP are working together to achieve critical project deliverables while ensuring senior leaders and stakeholders are kept up to date on project progress.
The project manager will partner closely with various Global Network teams (i.e. Product, Marketing, Certification, Partner Deployment, and Industry Engagement) as well as other critical stakeholders across the organization in order to ensure timely delivery of project milestones.
- Strong project management skills with a demonstrated ability to meet critical deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Prior relevant professional work experience including large-scale, end-to-end project management experience
- Project Planning/documentation to facilitate project updates, identification of key risks and issues.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with work stream partners across the company along with the ability to challenge them to drive alignment on and execution of deliverables
- Supports and guides the development process, collaborating effectively across multiple cross-functional teams to skillfully execute on milestones and deliverables in a timely manner
- Proactively anticipates any risks and issues that may arise during the project and ensure appropriate mitigation actions
- Strong collaboration/relationship skills with Product Managers, Technical Product Owners, Technology, Business partners, Compliance/Legal/GCO/Privacy
- Results oriented with a demonstrated ability to promote and drive change to further improve processes
- Excellent presentation skills (development and delivery to all levels up to and including Executive Leadership)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in related field required; advanced degree a plus
- Prior experience working in Payments or FinTech space would be a plus
- Communication Excellence - verbal/written
- Strategic Thinking
- Executive Presence; Inspire Confidence
- Influence and Negotiation
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Growth Mindset Leadership
- Business Product Knowledge
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Planning & Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Regulatory Compliance a plus
- Agile Practices preferred
- Technical Acumen
- Systems Development Exposure
- Project Management
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 11, 2020, 2:09:25 PM
Back to top