Manager/ Senior Manager - Core Tokenization, New and Emerging Payments
- Phoenix, AZ
Network Solutions & Operations (NSO) runs the American Express Network, processing $1 Trillion in annual spend and serving issuers and acquirers in over 90 markets worldwide. The NSO team manages and optimizes this core platform, defining its operations and creating innovative products that simultaneously leverage network assets and unlock new commerce for American Express.
The Global Network Product team leads product development and management for the Global Network, building for scale, driving interoperability, and enabling seamless, secure customer interactions.
We are looking for a thoughtful Manager/Sr. Manager that will be part of the Global Network product team, focusing on the strategy and development of new Tokenization capabilities. This role will work across the payment ecosystem balancing innovation with making it easier for partners to integrate with the Network.
The Manager/Sr. Manager will partner closely with Global Network teams (i.e, Product, Marketing, Partner Deployment, and Certification) as well as other critical stakeholders across the organization in order to define the product/strategy roadmap and deliver product capabilities.
- Product roadmap: Lead the product strategy and development for new use cases
- New capabilities : Assess new and emerging capabilities and develop a view for how they will integrate Network Tokens
- Industry standards: Monitor industry developments and quickly assess potential impacts to our current capabilities
- Technical acumen: Act as a Token SME and strategist for the teams by obtaining a deep knowledge of the product
- Communication: Ability to break down complex technical concepts into simple business terms linked to a business strategy. You thrive at the intersection of tech and business and can straddle both worlds easily. You are an excellent communicator, orally and in written communication
- Experience with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) highly preferred: You have experience in reading and understanding technical interfaces. While we do not expect you to code, we expect you to have given thought to developing Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), strategy and lifecycle management.
- Product expert: You have previous experience with Tokenization, Peer to Peer payments (P2P), Automated Clearing House (ACH), Internet of Things (IoT), Connected Commerce, Identity Authentication and Validation, and understand how data flows across distributed systems.
- Passion for payments and fintech. You are excited about emerging payments and keep your finger on the pulse of industry and competitor developments. You are curious and inquisitive and think creatively and revel in "What if scenarios.."
- Flexible and solution-oriented, comfortable dealing with ambiguity, complexity and able to proactively adjust strategic direction in response to changing market dynamic
- Relevant experience. Three or more years of experience as a Product Manager or as a Developer
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 30, 2020, 3:41:34 PM
Back to top