Manager- Banking Risk Management
- New York, NY
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Our direct relationships with millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide -- combined with our leading-edge marketing, analytical, rewards, and servicing capabilities -- enable us to uniquely offer an array of differentiated experiences that enrich lives. American Express was built on service, sustained by innovation and our vision is to work hard every single day to provide the world's best customer experience every day.
Be part of a growing team that is shaping the next frontier of the company by supporting the ins and outs of building new products for American Express.
About Credit and Fraud Risk
Purposeful, ambitious, insatiable, analytical, collaborative and courageous are
the hallmarks of our Credit and Fraud Risk team.
This critical team is responsible for managing enterprise risks through the customer life cycle and across all our global products. We develop industry-first data capabilities, build profitable decisioning frameworks, create machine-learning powered predictive models, and improve customer servicing strategies. This team has delivered industry-leading results year after year while enabling profitable growth and delivering a best-in-class customer experience.
If you have passion to create and build money movement risk controls and capabilities, this is an excellent role for you.
You will work in a highly dynamic and exciting environment and will have the opportunity to shape strategies and policies for American Express Non-Card products as it relates to money management. You will play an influential role working closely with partners in other Risk teams, Marketing, Finance, Global Servicing Network, Legal/Compliance, Banking, and Technologies to create world-class strategies and capabilities.
The key responsibilities Include:
- Develop and create credit funding strategies
- Decide the thresholds for which consumers can access funds through quantitative analysis (for example: who is approved for a product, how muchcredit line do they receive, and when they attempt to use the credit, is their request approved?)
- Create and lead customer communication and servicing strategies
- Be responsible for the incorporation of new data sources and capabilities in decision-making
- Design and execute blueprints for next-generation of big data and analytical tools to create the best in class decision-making
- Partner with other functional teams across the Risk and Non-Risk groups to use standard methodologies and ensure a positive customer experience throughout the customer journey
- AdvancedDegree (i.e. MBA or MS, PhD) in a quantitative field such as Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science
- Advanced degree is preferred but not required given a suitable combination of formal education and experience
- CreditManagement experience and understanding ofasset & liabilitybanking products, specifically overdraft or depositproducts is preferred
- Good blend of analytical skills, process expertise, project management and relationship building skills
- Ideally, ability to handle large datasets using SAS, SQL, R, Python or other programming language, if not exceptional analytical abilities.
- Thought leadership andsolution-oriented mindset
- Ability to think strategically and apply both quantitative methods and business insight to make things happen
- Ability to build strong relationships in a cross-functional environment
- Clear, effective written and oral communication skill
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2021, 2:06:22 PM
Back to top