Fullstack Developer - Data Engineering
- Phoenix, AZ
American Express is on an exciting transformation journey drivenby an energetic new team of high-performers. This group is nimble and creativewith the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have thetalent and desire to deliver innovative data driven payment products usingMachine Learning and Artificial Intelligence and top of the chain digitalservices at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical,digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsiblefor delivering world class Omnichannel cardmember experiences and personalintegration through java services and data driven solution on Big Data stackand APIs. You will be challenged with identifying innovative and transformativeideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs ofour customers.
We are looking for passionate web developer engineers to work onthe Next generation web development & API experiences we are crafting forour partners. This requires the ability to go deep in AMEX payment system withmany dependencies while responsible for the technical deliveries andimplementation of components. As an engineer in our OPEN SOURCE developmentteam you will be responsible for the development and delivery of the webcomponents supporting AMEX user experiences on various channels (web, mobile,etc.), as well as integrations with partners.
You will work closely with product and experience to understandthe requirements and deliver product that meets these requirements.Technologies used vary from Java, Angular 5 or ReactJS, Node.js etc. If you arethe kind of engineer who is passionate about bringing great products to lifeespecially in payment area, being a crafts(wo)man in engineering and loveworking in a collaborative environment with your product partners anddependency teams, then we want to talk to you.
Work on transformative data driven platform and framework to bringdata to decision.
Organizational Context - Member of a product engineering reportingto an Engineering Director.
- Perform technical aspects of software development for assigned applications includingdesign, developing prototypes, automated testing, and hands- on coding assignments of various technologies.
- Function as a strong team contributor on an agile team by contributing to software builds throughconsistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation).
- Strong OpenSource concepts and enable engineers to guide and adapt.
- Perform code reviews and automated testing, build and adapt CICD.
- Work closely with product owners in defining roadmap.
- Debug software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Automate deployments in test or production environments.
- Automatically scale applications based on demand projections Leadership.
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals.
2 to 5 years of softwaredevelopment experience in a professional environment such as:
- Wide breath of engineering experience, Full Stack from interactive to back end processing.
- Enable OpenSource culture and advancement of it.
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development, and automated testing.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Experience in Web engineering solutions using JS, Angular , React.
- Experience in SpringBoot framework and its implementation
- Experience in CICD/ Automation and writing resilient and self-healing code base
- Hands on experience in Web engineering coding and deployment.
- Extensive experience in developing Angular 5 , Node.JS , ReactJS.
- Exposure to Big Data is a plus
- Great attitude and approach towards innovation and transformation in product delivery.
- Exposure and up to date with industry reference of tech trend and solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required.
Why American Express
There's a differencebetween having a job and making a difference.
American Express hasbeen making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them inmoments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on theirbiggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made adifference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning andcollaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We havetheir backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even taketime to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take ona new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance andmomentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe thatthe best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing ofAmerican Express.
Don't make a differencewithout it.
Don't live life withoutit.
Please note, salaryincreases in case of a lateral move are provided only on an exception basis andin line with compensation guidelines.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2021, 11:07:42 AM
Back to top