Engineer - Java, J2EE - Backend
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
Java Backend Engineer
If you are passionate about the power of new technology, come join the automation team. We will be applying RPA, OCR, NLP, ML, BPM, and other innovative technology across the American Express enterprise. You will learn an enormous range of technology and see it applied across the company.
American Express has an enormous opportunity to leverage new and disruptive technologies with an enterprise focus on automation. The team is empowered to shape our technology and product roadmap. Bring your talent and desire to deliver innovative capabilities across an organization which is ripe with opportunity. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity.
We need a bright and collaborative Java Backend Software Engineer to deliver our automation platform.
- Building an enterprise software platform
- Develop a software solution
- Learning new technologies and building integrations into many platforms
- Ability to define architecture and design, and get under the hood of complex architectures and distributed systems
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Hand-on Java development
- 3+ Years of experience, Java, J2EE - Backend
- Expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
- Understanding of distributed systems
- Experience with Agile (Scrum), Rally, Jira, Confluence, Kanban
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required
- Deep understanding of SOA, Micro-Services
- Deep understanding of auto-scaling and containerized environments
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to solve technical problems and the ability to influence and optimize input from key partners
- Passion for shipping quality software fast and frequently
- Attention to detail
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 10, 2020, 10:04:32 AM
Back to top