Campus Recruitment- 2021 Technology Software Engineer Internship
- United States
American Express is going through an exciting time of change. This diverse and creative
organization has the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you
have an interest in improving your skills in a tech environment while meeting innovative
problem solvers and serving our customers across physical and digital spaces, come and
join our team!
Interns will work building global scale software with a host of tools and frameworks. Internship project areas range from Machine Learning to Big Data to Mobile to AppDev to Artificial Intelligence. You'll work across our software products, like Spring Cloud and Webflux for reactive Java services, or Node.js driving React web applications and even polyglot microservices.
We're often experimenting with new technology; it's all about picking the right tool for the right job!
We are looking for Interns to join our 10-week Summer Internship Program, which gives
you real, on-the-job work experience whilst allowing you to choose from a number of
potential roles within our scrum teams; giving you the skills and experience to help you accelerate in your studies and future career.
Join the team and make an impact right away:
● Identify exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve
existing needs and predict future challenges
● Develop software applications as part of a scrum team
● Learn technical skills, write code, conduct code reviews and testing
● Work with Product Managers to prioritize features for new products and
manage a list of requirements based on industry trends and new
● Design work, such as user experience or graphic design
● Bespoke learning and development program, e.g. technical, leadership,
networking and soft skills
● Take part in social activities, community service events and projects with
other Interns and Graduates
We have the know-how, technology and global reach to make nearly any idea a
reality. All that's missing is you!
Do you meet the below requirements?
● Creative, collaborative and having the desire to learn
● Eye for driving innovation and change
● Ability to effectively connect with non-technical business partners
● Capable of working well and contributing meaningfully in a team environment
A bonus if you have these:
● Experience in developing products or projects either in an academic,
professional or personal setting
● Some entry level software development experience, or design or creative
● A technical background is beneficial but not required; we are looking for
passionate, quick learners willing to take on new challenges
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2021 and June 2023
American Express' heritage was built on service and has been sustained by innovation. Through our evolution from an express mail business in 1850, to one of the world's largest card issuers by purchasing volume and a digital innovator, we've never been afraid to explore new possibilities and embrace the changing marketplace.
From our high employee Satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognized as a great place to work by people around the world. We offer talented individuals challenging work with purpose by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which the company was built -trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment.
Learn more about our Technology group at American Express by visiting https://careers.americanexpress.com/students/ .
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Tags: CFE-11160, CFE-12801, Handshake UNV-12520
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2020, 12:14:26 PM
Back to top