Campus Graduate - 2021 Global Risk Operational Risk & Oversight Summer Internship
- United States
The Global Risk & Compliance Organization ("GRC") ensures the company operates in a safe, sound and fully compliant manner within all applicable regulatory expectations. We create and maintain the overall risk management framework while ensuring legal and regulatory compliance.
We are passionate about our commitment to drive the company's goals of growth and progress by creating a culture of awareness and proactivity around regulatory matters, and by partnering closely with business units across the enterprise to ensure we deliver maximum value to our shareholders and our customers efficiently and effectively. GRC is dedicated to building diversity and inclusive leadership across all levels of the organization.
Within GRC the Global Operational Risk & Oversight organization is responsible for managing AXPs "Risk Universe" through continuous reviewing, monitoring and testing across American Express processes. This team strengthens AXP's risk management practices through the latest advances in data science and technology, staying apprised of changing regulatory landscape, and monitoring emerging risks across the industry. This team is responsible for overseeing Information Security & Technology, Business Continuity, International Banking, Enterprise, Operational, Credit, Market, and Model Risk across the company. The team also has responsibility for GRC Board and Committee Governance and management policy oversight. Risk Oversight provides continuous updates to the AXP Chief Risk Officer, applicable leadership and risk committees.
- Inclusive mind-set and behaviors across all levels of organization
- Demonstrated experience building, sustaining and leveraging relationships
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills and attention to detail with excellent follow-up skills
- Demonstrated willingness to take initiative and act decisively
- Ability to think strategically and influence teammates on multiple, cross-functional teams
- Positive, can-do attitude embracing Growth Mindset
- Project management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Currently enrolled in full-time Graduate degree program in technology, data science, risk analysis or other quantitative fields
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2021 and June 2022
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organize, manage, analyze, and interpret large amounts of data to identify trends and themes
- Proven ability to translate highly technical and complex information into easily understandable terms
- Strong understanding and knowledge of bank laws and regulations, relevant compliance requirements, U.S. Bank systems and processes as well as related governance activities
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance requirements, preferably relating to regulated financial institutions
- Experience with audit, compliance, risk, regulatory management, law, marketing and product management, finance, technologies or control related functions
- SAS, SQL skills
- Familiarity with statistical/analytical software packages
- Experience with Archer/SIQ
American Express' heritage was built on service and has been sustained by innovation. Through our evolution from an express mail business in 1850, to one of the world's largest card issuers by purchasing volume and a digital innovator, we've never been afraid to explore new possibilities and embrace the changing marketplace.
From our high employee Satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognized as a great place to work by people around the world. We offer talented individuals challenging work with purpose by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which the company was built -trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment.
Learn more about Risk at American Express by visiting https://careers.americanexpress.com/students/ .
With a job at American Express, almost anything is possible. Apply now!
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by April 30 th .
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Tags: US reqs - MBA/MS, Handshake UNV-12520
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 28, 2020, 10:26:05 AM
Back to top