Campus Graduate - 2021 Finance Data Science Summer Internship
- United States
At American Express, we leverage Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to make smarter predictions and provide Actionable insights. We empower colleagues to unlock potential through Data, Technology & Innovation. Our team's goal is to help the organization make fact-based and scientifically developed decisions around risk and opportunities.
Finance Decision Scientists work closely with other teams in Finance, Business and Risk to define new methods of prediction and align them with business strategy. This position will be part of a highly talented team with strong intellectual curiosity. Our team is excited about solving business problems through data and technology.
Team's Responsibilities include:
- We innovate and develop new and more sophisticated ways to predict top line metrics for our business. These predictions inform both short-term and long-term strategy for the senior management.
- We develop models and strategic insights to help deliver increasing value to our card members while managing one of the largest balance sheet items at American Express.
- We develop advanced models and analytical tools used to influence the company's decisions related to credit, fraud and recessionary preparedness.
- We manage and fund the overall balance sheet of the company by focusing on efficient asset-liability management, liquidity risk management and capital adequacy.
- Hands-on experience managing/ leading projects using large amounts of data and application of advanced predictive analytics
- Proficiency in SQL and any of the following programming languages: Python, SAS, or R
- Machine learning development experience is strongly preferred
- Tableau or other visualization tools experience
- BS/MS in a quantitative field - Applied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Quantitative Finance
- Highly motivated individual with desire to work on ambiguous projects, with the ability to break down and execute on complex ideas
- Be data-driven, outcome-focused and fast learner
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to explain complex mathematical concepts
- Ability to solve ad-hoc business problems independently and projects while adhering to deadlines
- Currently enrolled in full-time graduate degree program
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2021 and June 2022
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by April 30 th .
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Tags: US reqs - MBA/MS, UNV-12520, CFE-11160, CFE-12801
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 20, 2020, 9:54:49 PM
Back to top