The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) seeks Membership Associate to support engagement and retention efforts within the Office of Membership. The Membership Associate coordinates activities and supports member engagement and retention efforts.Candidates must have excellent written and oral communication skills and exceptional time management skills.The candidate also must be able to exercise sound independent judgment and complete tasks in a timely manner both independently and collaboratively. Strong project management skills are also necessary. The ability to work independently and also with cross-departmental teams is a must.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Assists Member Engagement and Retention team with planning and executing member engagement activities including online and off-line events
- Tracks and analyzes Member engagement activities and prepares reports
- Maintains accuracy of membership collateral as warranted by content updates
- Drafts general correspondence and presentations and proofreads various documents
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects
- Acts as project coordinator for special projects including event management for conferences where needed
- Tracks budgets and departmental or project expenses
- Executes other duties as needed
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in marketing, business, or a related field
- 1-2 years professional experience
- Experience supporting membership or marketing-related programs and efforts
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills including oral, listening, and written
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively work with others within a team environment while demonstrating initiative
Overall Measures of Success:
- Meeting deadlines for deliverables
- Increase in member satisfaction with their experience with AAAS
- Increased member retention across all segments and tenure with AAAS
AAAS is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.
Meet Some of American Association For The Advancement of Science's Employees
Director, Editorial Content Strategy, EurekAlert!
Brian supervises the editorial operations at EurekAlert!, an editorially independent nonprofit science news service operated by AAAS that helps reporters and public information officers communicate science to the general public.
Back to top