Assistant, Digital Ad Operations
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) seeks a talented professional who has in-depth knowledge creating ad serving campaigns using Appnexus OAS software. Must have the technical depth to improve campaign serving and a clear understanding of campaign reporting and analytics. Technical troubleshooting skills are required for this position with the ability to clearly communicate to internal and external groups on campaign status and recommendations.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Work with ad agencies to help trouble shoot online ads (includes Rich Media, 3rd party tags, static, and HTML)
- Update HTML files provided by clients to include clicktags for ad delivery through Appnexus
- Monitor online inventory on a daily basis to optimize ad delivery and ensure campaigns deliver on schedule and in full
- Assist Sales staff by creating customized ad reports and provide ad inventory
- Make administrative decisions on how best to set up digital ads for optimal delivery
- Monitor ad depository for incomplete or unclear order entries; check ad creatives to ensure specifications are in place
- Create 3rd party and in-house email campaigns using Exacttarget marketing cloud software
- Ability to trouble shoot and code HTML files provided by clients
- Ability to learn Drupal web content management system for creating and updating site pages
- Demonstrate multi-tasking ability; keep multiple projects on-track
- Work closely with internal departments and external partners to ensure that appropriate materials are received and/or distributed correctly
- Work closely with media vendors and media teams to resolve reporting and/or billing discrepancies.
- Engage with all work-related contacts in a professional and respectful manner
- Attend all status meetings when appropriate
- Ability to communicate and write in a clear and concise manner
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 years of experience with digital advertising
- 2 years of industry experience
- Proficient in Adobe Dreamweaver and Fireworks or similar software
- Proficient in MS office suite
- Ability to multi-task
- Effective time management skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
AAAS is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.
Meet Some of American Association For The Advancement of Science's Employees
Director, Editorial Content Strategy, EurekAlert!
Brian supervises the editorial operations at EurekAlert!, an editorially independent nonprofit science news service operated by AAAS that helps reporters and public information officers communicate science to the general public.
Back to top