Assistant, Digital Ad Operations
Who We Are
“The advancement of science should be the chief concern of a nation that would conserve and increase the welfare of its people.” -James McKeen Cattell, former AAAS President and Editor of Science
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) is an international non-profit organization dedicated to advancing science for the benefit of all people. For over a century, AAAS has been a force for science, from helping to establish science as a credible field in the 19th century to using satellite imaging technology to document human rights abuses in 2007. We are recognized as the world’s largest general scientific society and the proud publisher of the Science family of journals. Past presidents have included astronomer Edward Charles Pickering, anthropologist Margaret Mead, and biologist Stephen Jay Gould. Our mission is centered on the belief that STEM research and education can help solve many of the challenges the world faces today.
AAAS is a culture steeped in history, but adaptive to change and new ideas. We recognize the hard work of our employees and encourage the development of our staff. Our colleagues represent an array of expertise from scholarly publishing to digital marketing, educational research to government relations, all with a shared focus on mission. At AAAS, you are part of a talented team, dedicated to advancing science and serving society.
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Assistant, Digital Advertising Operations who has in-depth knowledge creating ad serving campaigns using Appnexus OAS software. The ideal candidate will have the technical depth to improve campaign serving and a clear understanding of campaign reporting and analytics. Technical troubleshooting skills are required for this position with the ability to clearly communicate to internal and external groups on campaign status and recommendations.
Interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter by February 27, 2017.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Work with ad agencies to help trouble shoot online ads (includes Rich Media, 3rd party tags, static, and HTML)
- Update HTML files provided by clients to include clicktags for ad delivery through Appnexus
- Monitor online inventory on a daily basis to optimize ad delivery and ensure campaigns deliver on schedule and in full
- Assist Sales staff by creating customized ad reports and provide ad inventory
- Make administrative decisions on how best to set up digital ads for optimal delivery
- Monitor ad depository for incomplete or unclear order entries; check ad creatives to ensure specifications are in place
- Create 3rd party and in-house email campaigns using Exacttarget marketing cloud software
- Ability to trouble shoot and code HTML files provided by clients
- Ability to learn Drupal web content management system for creating and updating site pages
- Demonstrate multi-tasking ability; keep multiple projects on-track
- Work closely with internal departments and external partners to ensure that appropriate materials are received and/or distributed correctly
- Work closely with media vendors and media teams to resolve reporting and/or billing discrepancies.
- Engage with all work-related contacts in a professional and respectful manner
- Attend all status meetings when appropriate
- Ability to communicate and write in a clear and concise manner
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 years of experience with digital advertising
- 2 years of industry experience
- Proficient in Adobe Dreamweaver and Fireworks or similar software
- Proficient in MS office suite
- Ability to multi-task
- Effective time management skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
AAAS is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.
Meet Some of American Association For The Advancement of Science's Employees
Director, Editorial Content Strategy, EurekAlert!
Brian supervises the editorial operations at EurekAlert!, an editorially independent nonprofit science news service operated by AAAS that helps reporters and public information officers communicate science to the general public.
Back to top