Wireless Software Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Wireless Software Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and bring to market innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
Connectivity is a core feature of our products. We have openings for wireless firmware (FW) and software (SW) engineers to build a team responsible for developing new and unique wireless connectivity solutions.
- 3+ years of experience in wireless software and firmware development
- Experience in wireless LAN and WAN technology, with hands-on experience in working with one or more wireless chipset platforms
- Solid understanding of end-to-end SW development tool chains and environments
- C/C++ and embedded SW development expertise
- Experience working on radio solutions for wireless devices
- Understanding of the communication stack from layer-1 and drivers through protocol, routing and network management
- Experience in the following fields: device-level integration, testing at both the device and network level
- Linux device driver and Linux network stack experience
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Program Management Office
Kevin oversees the product development process used to create devices and accessories across all Amazon Lab126 products. His oversight helps ensure everything is scalable as product lines grow.
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top