Wireless Integrity Software Manager-Applications
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Software Development Engineer – Applications, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products.
We are growing and looking for a talented Senior Software Development Engineer to help design and build productivity applications for our Fire product line. You will be able to utilize your development skills in a real-time, large-scale, complex distributed environment. In this role, you will:
- Have significant influence on our overall strategy by investigating technical problems, rapidly prototyping possible solutions, and spearheading best practices that enable a quality product
- Provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition and development of custom mobile applications across multiple platforms
- Plan, organize and drive software development projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Architect software solutions while determining limitations and compatibilities between subsystems
- Create technical requirements and software design specifications
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language (Java, C++ or C#)
- Experience developing highly scalable mobile applications (Android or iOS preferred)
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object oriented design patterns
- Technical depth and knowledge of mobile devices, applications and technologies
- Experience developing in a UNIX/Linux environment and utilizing virtual machines
- Strong leadership, project planning and execution skills
- Excellent communication, collaboration, analytical and problem solving skills
- Master’s degree
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top