Web Development Engineer
We’re an internally-focused team making deep changes to tooling, infrastructure, processes, and controlplane components within the Relational Database Service, one of the fastest growing businesses within AWS. We’re looking for seasoned, talented web development engineers to help us scale in advance of our next 2x (and the 2x after that, and the one after that...). Our service provides managed, reliable, scalable and highly available relational databases, on demand, and we are currently supporting the largest fleet of relational databases on Earth. We minimize the effort required to maintain SQL databases by automating administrative tasks like backup / restore, scaling CPU / RAM / storage, setting up replicas for load-spreading and DR, and high availability / redundancy, allowing our customers to spend their valuable time focused on building their businesses. For more information about RDS, please visit http://aws.amazon.com/rds.
You have an allergy to poor user experience, confusing UI layouts, and clunky, inconsistent tooling. You love to build sleek, easily extended interfaces that explain the deep, complicated back-ends behind them to your users; one of your greatest secret joys is seeing somebody perform a previously-dangerous task in production, but with a new UI that sits atop fresh automation which removes the sharp edges. You relish the idea of building, modifying, extending, and where needed replacing tooling that supports a global infrastructure upon which some of the world's biggest companies run their businesses. You know good architecture from bad, are willing to hold your position while educating peers about your approach, and are just as happy to find a new and better approach as to be right in the first place.
Who are you? You're the new Web Development Engineer at RDS, of course!
- 4+ years of experience of developing web based user interfaces
- Experience translating design mockups and prototypes into working applications
- Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience developing and delivering solutions at a rapid pace
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
- Master's degree in design, computer science, or a related field
- Experience with UX / UI design, documentation, and prototyping
- Experience with conducting A/B Testing, usability studies, and performance tuning
- Experience with distributed environments
- Experience with virtualization and high-scale systems
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top