Systems Engineer - Design Technologies
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Systems Engineer in Design Technologies team, you will be responsible for building, maintaining, and supporting the systems that Amazon's research, development, and design teams rely on to build the next generation of Amazon digital devices. You will coordinate with researchers and engineers to build and support the infrastructure they need. You will work with vendors to evaluate, purchase, deploy, and support mission-critical tools. You will customize and integrate third-party software to meet Amazon's needs. You will improve existing infrastructure to ensure it continues to meet Amazon's high bar for operational excellence.
As a Systems Engineer, you must be customer-focused, responsive, and able to work in a fast-paced team environment. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for managing projects end-to-end, including identifying a business need, gathering requirements, identifying and evaluating potential software solutions, designing the production infrastructure, integrating the software into Amazon's infrastructure, and deploying the final product to production.
- Work closely with engineering and business teams to plan, design, analyze, develop, and implement systems for product development such as design simulation, product data management, product integrity/reliability, and prototype builds.
- Provide technical leadership in evaluating, integrating, and deploying system solutions
- Provide technical guidance to other teams within Amazon
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of hands-on professional experience in Linux as a DevOps engineer, Production Engineer, SRE, or similar
- 2+ years of experience in a scripting language such as Python or Ruby
- Demonstrated knowledge of TCP/IP networking fundamentals and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated knowledge of security fundamentals and industry best practices
- 2+ years of experience working with a public cloud provider or related field
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), especially EC2, EBS, EFS, networking/VPC, RDS, IAM, S3, and DynamoDB
- Experience with MySQL or other relational databases
- Experience working with external software vendors and integrating third-party software
- Experience with Windows and MacOS
- Experience working independently and as part of a team
- Excellent judgment, organization, and problem solving skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong written and verbalcommunication skills
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Program Management Office
Kevin oversees the product development process used to create devices and accessories across all Amazon Lab126 products. His oversight helps ensure everything is scalable as product lines grow.
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top