System Development Engineer
Are you interested in defining and delivering new services to help fuel the explosive growth of AWS? If you are an experienced software development engineer who is passionate about Linux, servers, automation, scalability, performance, and cloud computing, then this is the job for you.
We’re looking for an experienced System Development Engineer to accelerate innovative service development aligned with AWS capacity quality and availability. This is a rapidly expanding segment for the AWS business; in order to scale the team, we need more experienced talent!
You should be an engineer who is focused on developing internal systems written in Python, Java, C or a similar language. You also have a comfortable understanding of Linux, networking and cloud services. As always, at Amazon you should have a drive to create the best customer experience possible, with the customers being both AWS customers and the other engineers at AWS who will benefit from the automation you create. Data center or hardware design/test background is also a plus.
- 4+ years experience programming in at least two of: Python, Java, C, Ruby, Perl
- Have a comfortable understanding of Linux and networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TLS.
- Have used AWS or similar solutions to drive automation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Have worked on highly concurrent, high throughput systems with knowledge of distributed systems
- Experience assisting more junior developers
- Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
- Understanding of Linux fundamentals
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top