SW Development Engineer-Test
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
In this role, you will have the opportunity to design and develop our automation framework which can run use-cases, scenarios and situations end to end.
You will also drive test planning and strategy across multiple development teams and ensure test strategy is realized and implemented.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent required
- 3+ years of experience with major time designing and building automation frameworks
- 3+ years of experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization
- Experience in general software development practices (code review, unit test creation, modularity, robustness, library development)
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results
- Experience with test driven development and establishing unit test infrastructures
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience developing and/or testing large scale web services, server applications, or RESTful APIs .
- Strong diagnostic, analysis, troubleshooting, problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
- Expert in software quality and testing methodologies / patterns
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience/Knowledge about communication protocols, architecture and platforms is a plus
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top