Sr Technical Program Manager
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. In this role, you will:
- Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements
- Lead cross functional development on new technology from design through delivery
- Work with remote teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines
- Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks and change control
- Bachelor's degree with a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in technical program/project management in a consumer electronics environment
- 7+ years of experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets
- 3+ years of experience analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection
- Master's degree or advanced technical degree
- Creative leader with superior analytical abilities
- Product development (including C++, Java, messaging protocols, and Web Services), and service-oriented architecture experience
- Knowledge of hardware development process and lifecycle
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top