Sr Software Development Engineer - Concept Engineering
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in the Concept Engineering group, you will be responsible for software architecture and design of new concepts. We are looking for candidates with broad interests who thrive in a fast paced start-up like environment. In your role, you will be a part of the team that brings in new ideas and delivers proof of concepts. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented. In this role, you will:
- Actively participate in concept development and design ideation as part of a small team
- Rapidly build and iterate on polished, high-fidelity prototypes that express design intent, using the best and most appropriate tools and techniques for the task
- Develop functional prototypes to prove and sell concepts to development teams and senior leadership
- Partner with other teams to ensure that our techniques and technologies translate through to shipping products and services
- Be able to work creatively through and around perceived limitations and/or challenges imposed by the delivery platform to create delightful experiences for customers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or 7+ years of relevant work experience
- 7+ years of experience as a key member of a software engineering team participating in the complete product development life-cycle of successfully launched applications
- Experience with cloud and server-less infrastructure
- Understanding of computer and network security
- A track record of great ideas and even better execution
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Solid understanding of the layers involved in web apps (databases, caches, server-side, HTML, JS, CSS, user interface) and mobile apps (operating systems, APIs, view layer, etc.)
- Working knowledge of a handful of programming languages
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top