Sr. Software Development Engineer, Cloud Services
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and bring to market innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
Other responsibilities include:
Leading development and maintenance of key system features
Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
Will establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
- Bachelor's degree and/or or equivalent
- 7 + years of experience building production software systems
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
- Master's degree in Computer Science
- Ability to deal with ambiguity as well as ability to innovate and simplify.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems.
- Experience developing Unit Tests using tools such as JUnit to verify your code quality.
- Experience with AWS services EC2, EBS, RDS, Kinesis, DynamoDB, etc, or other cloud compute-based services and platforms
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top