Sr. Software Development Engineer (Android framework)
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. We're not stopping there. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Engineer in the Media Products Team, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products.
The Software Development Engineer will provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support of custom embedded Java software applications across multiple platforms. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of embedded and application software development, as well as demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing, and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the architecture of software solutions, the determining of current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, the selection of new concepts and methodology, and the development of major routines and utilities
- Create new UI applications and edit current UI applications
- Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, make sure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years of experience doing hands-on software development
- Mobile applications development (preferably using Java)
- Experience working on high-volume consumer products
- Data analysis and debugging skills
- Strong Java, object-oriented programming, architecture, and design pattern knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, listening, and customer relationships
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling and executing on committed schedules
- Knowledge of the Android framework in recent releases
- Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with embedded systems
- Project lead and system architecture experience
- Shell scripting experience is a plus
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top