Sr. Software Development Engineer, Alexa
Interested in Amazon Echo and Alexa? We’ve already added dozens of new capabilities to Alexa since launch, including Pandora, Google Calendar, Audible, sports scores and schedules, and more. But it’s still day 1 – you can be part of the team that makes Alexa smarter, and, Sky Is the Limit! We are growing this new team and are looking for talented engineers; come and join us!
As a key member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of new Alexa skills and capabilities. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. Commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years' experience building successful production software systems
- Design and architecture experience, as well as sound knowledge with object oriented design patterns
- Experience working on large-scale application deployments and performance tuning.
- Engineering process excellence and experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles
- Development experience with communications related products (e.g. IP messaging, voice, and video)
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for infinite scalability, performance and reliability
- Development experience defining and developing highly maintainable RESTful web service API's
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Master's degree
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non technical peers
- Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules
- Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skill, including verbal, written, listening and customer relationships
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top