Sr. Software Development Engineer, Alexa
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We’re building the solutions and applications behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join our team!
The Alexa Mobile app is the companion app for Echo, Amazon Tap, and Echo Dot, and we are looking for talented mobile app developers to work on the Alexa companion app for Android. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge mobile product used every day, by people you know. We are looking for passionate, hardworking Android software engineers who have experience building innovative, mobile applications that customers love.
- Mobile application software development, design and prototyping.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing Android apps.
- Writing clean, maintainable code and performing peer code-reviews.
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
- Work closely with product and design teams to customize the Alexa experience on mobile devices
- Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest Android programming techniques
- Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance
- 8+ years of experience building successful production software systems
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
- 3+ years of object-oriented software development experience with focus on building complex applications for Android devices using Objective C/C++/Swift with Cocoa and other frameworks with working knowledge of UIKit, GCD, Auto Layout, Android memory management.
- Experience with multi-threading and mobile device memory management.
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- Ideal candidates must be innovative, creative, flexible and be passionate about building great UX experiences
- Experience with full-native, hybrid, and pure-web mobile app development
- Experience with speech and language understanding systems
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
- Strong technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Certified Scrum Master, Agile Certified Practitioner or similar certification
- Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top