Sr. Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create? Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer on the Fire OS team, you will be part of a team that owns critical Android framework components, services, tools, and application development frameworks - working on projects that push the boundaries of customer-device interaction. You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer product experiences. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You will take the lead in designing, prototyping, and building solutions to hard problems in the Android and Amazon ecosystem. You will also use your experience to assist more junior engineers with designs and code structure to improve the functionality, quality, and maintainability of the team’s work. As part of your work, you will work closely with Amazon device software teams, product management teams, external partner developers, internal Amazon application developers, and Amazon service teams to drive development from the concept stage to the launch stage.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· 7+ years of software development engineering experience, with at least one year of experience developing embedded applications
· 7+ years of experience in design and architecture, as well as familiarity with object oriented design patterns
· 7+ years of experience in coding in C/C++ and/or Java
· Master’s or Ph.D degree in Computer Science or related field
· Understanding performance and memory in Android/Linux and embedded development constraints
· Extensive knowledge of Android framework
· Extensive experience working on consumer electronics products or mobile devices
· Strong shell and Python scripting skills
· Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling and executing on committed schedules
· Highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
· Strong interpersonal communication skill, including verbal, written, listening, and customer relationships
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top