Sr. Software Developer - Distributed Systems for Consumer Electronics Devices
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Kindle Readers, Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history. Pioneer.
You are an exceptional senior software engineer / architect with strong knowledge of distributed systems, preferably AWS. You have a passion to create engaging and high quality consumer products that integrate cloud services, devices and apps. You enjoy working on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment and be passionate not only about building good software but also ensuring that the same software achieves its goals in operational reality. Prior experience working with hardware, embedded device software, or mobile apps is a plus.You are a great communicator and are motivated to achieve results in a fast-paced, and at times ambiguous, environment. You are a leader.
You will lead the architecture, design, development, and launch of a distributed system that works in conjunction with a consumer electronics device and mobile app. You will help grow and evolve the team and will help set technical direction for the broader org.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 7+ years of industry experience distributed systems
- Proficiency in Java or C++ development
- Object oriented design experience
- Prior experience leading the delivery of large-scale distributed systems
- Engineering process expertise, with understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles
- Masters or higher degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- Solid judgment, organizational and problem solving skills
- Superior design and architecture knowledge
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top