Sr. Product Manager - Amazon Echo
Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history!
As a Senior Product Manager, you will help define and build digital products and applications for Amazon.com. You will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the group, and you will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to bring features and products to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon.com. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
Key Responsibilities: · Lead the development of the product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
· Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
· Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
· Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
· Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
· Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
· Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
· Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline
· 7+ years of professional experience with 3+ years of consumer facing software/hardware product management experience
· Experience working on Android, iOS, Windows or other mobile software/applications
· Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
· MBA or Master’s degree
· Passion for digital media and the mobile space
· Experience delivering consumer facing digital hardware products with mobile and web services
· Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
· High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
· History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
· Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with mobile technology, web services and back-end application infrastructure
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top