Sr. Product Manager - Amazon Device Accessories
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Sr. Product Manager for Amazon Device Accessories, you will help define and build the accessories portfolio for a variety of Amazon devices. You will be a key contributor in developing the strategy and vision for the accessories business. This role is inherently cross-functional. You will work closely with other product managers, engineering, design, suppliers, operations and finance to bring features and products to market that will delight customers and make the experience with Amazon devices the best they can be. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
- Lead the definition, design and construction of accessories that complement our devices and improve the overall customer experience
- Work with both internal and external (vendor) development teams to develop and deliver accessories.
- Contribute to the development of the accessories portfolio strategy, vision, and goals supported by internal and external analysis
- Capture, document and communicate detailed, crisp business requirements to create product specifications and architecture and manage them through all stages of the product lifecycle
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, cost and features
- Manage delivery of current products concurrently with future product planning
- Successful history of delivering CE products or accessories through the complete product lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Experience engaging and influencing executives
- Experience using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Experience clearly communicating data insights to others.
- 7+ years of professional experience with 5+ years of product management experience in the consumer electronic accessories space
- BA/BS required
- M.B.A. preferred
- BS degree or higher with a technical discipline
- Engineering background or equivalent experience
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Strong team-orientation with proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver products through an ODM development model
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Program Management Office
Kevin oversees the product development process used to create devices and accessories across all Amazon Lab126 products. His oversight helps ensure everything is scalable as product lines grow.
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top