Sr. NLU Scientst
Amazon is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Scientist with a strong machine learning background to help build industry-leading Speech and Language technology.
Our mission is to provide a delightful experience to Amazon’s customers by pushing the envelope in Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Machine Learning (ML), and Audio Signal Processing technologies.
As part of our speech and language team, you will work alongside internationally recognized experts to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state-of-the-art in spoken language understanding. Your work will directly impact millions of our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will gain hands on experience with Amazon’s heterogeneous speech, text, and structured data sources, and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in spoken language understanding. It is not imperative to have experience in ASR. We have scientists building production models released to Echo customers, who had no prior speech experience, but very strong in ML, statistics, coding (and “can do” spirit!).
We are hiring in all areas of spoken language understanding: ASR, NLU, text-to-speech (TTS), and Dialog Management.
- Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics with specialization in speech recognition, natural language processing, or machine learning.
- 7+ years of related work experience OR a PhD and 5+ years of related work experience.
- Familiarity with programming languages such as C/C++, Python, Java or Perl.
- Experience in building speech recognition and natural language processing systems (e.g., commercial speech products or government speech projects)
- Solid Machine Learning background and familiar with standard speech and machine learning techniques.
- Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
- Solid software development experience
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top